Help, how is this possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly giving up.. I need help!!

I live in an area where hair extensions are being supplied everywhere.. The thing that baffles me is these people are offering a full head of extensions with the fitting for £90?!?! how the hell are they doing it?? I know the hair is probably awful but I'm having people coming to me and telling me they don't care about the quality of hair and just want cheap.. This isn't my style at all, I provide a good quality of hair and don't want to be wasting my time with awful hair that in the long run will only cause complaints and money!
I don't want to provide this hair to my clients but I am so intrigued as to where these people are getting this hair? Or are they not making any money at all? Am I missing something?

Ebay you can buy 200 strands of the cheapest thinnest hair for about £50 or less. Don't lower your standards. These clients who want their hair cheap are not the type of clients you want, they are more trouble than its worth. I bet these 'extensionists' offering a full head and fitting aren't even qualified let alone insured.

Ebay you can buy 200 strands of the cheapest thinnest hair for about £50 or less. Don't lower your standards. These clients who want their hair cheap are not the type of clients you want, they are more trouble than its worth. I bet these 'extensionists' offering a full head and fitting aren't even qualified let alone insured.

Well that makes sense! Clearly I've never looked on eBay [emoji85] I wouldn't want these clients and I really wouldn't lower my standards.. My clients are happy so I'm happy to carry on with what I'm doing! It just totally baffled me how they were getting hair so cheap and how they were making money at the same time!! It does make you wonder if they are qualified and insured [emoji33]

I did some digging and found out that the local ones like the ones your talking about we're getting hair from .hairxtensions.co.uk, so I ordered some & tried them out, they came in at around £70 they were very dry after 3 weeks and on the dark colours the bonds turned to mush even with brilliant aftercare, seriously not worth the headaches! In a way I'm glad I tried them out because now when people see my fabulous 22" transform Mongolian in comparison they readily pay out for that instead of the other crap :D

I did some digging and found out that the local ones like the ones your talking about we're getting hair from .hairxtensions.co.uk, so I ordered some & tried them out, they came in at around £70 they were very dry after 3 weeks and on the dark colours the bonds turned to mush even with brilliant aftercare, seriously not worth the headaches! In a way I'm glad I tried them out because now when people see my fabulous 22" transform Mongolian in comparison they readily pay out for that instead of the other crap :D

That's interesting to know!! I generally say to people if they want cheap they can supply the hair and I will fit it, I have them sign a form to say they have provided the hair so if there is a problem it's basically their own problem.. Obviously if there was an issue with the fit (which I haven't had any yet [emoji106]) then I would rectify! We have a hair extension supplier near me who sell the dream girl hair.. It's absolutely awful but of course people see the cost of a pack of hair and wonder why I'm more expensive!! The hairs about £30 a weave [emoji85] it's awful stuff! As you said with the other, matts after a couple of weeks and is so thin and horrible!

That's interesting to know!! I generally say to people if they want cheap they can supply the hair and I will fit it, I have them sign a form to say they have provided the hair so if there is a problem it's basically their own problem.. Obviously if there was an issue with the fit (which I haven't had any yet [emoji106]) then I would rectify! We have a hair extension supplier near me who sell the dream girl hair.. It's absolutely awful but of course people see the cost of a pack of hair and wonder why I'm more expensive!! The hairs about £30 a weave [emoji85] it's awful stuff! As you said with the other, matts after a couple of weeks and is so thin and horrible!

Hi, I just wanted to say, I uses to offer fitting only too. I got the client to sign a disclaimer etc, but I found the problem was that she the hair matted/ bunched up people would still ask "who did it" and they'd still be putting my name to the job, so I don't offer fitting only anymore, atall. Just something to think bout x

Hi, I just wanted to say, I uses to offer fitting only too. I got the client to sign a disclaimer etc, but I found the problem was that she the hair matted/ bunched up people would still ask "who did it" and they'd still be putting my name to the job, so I don't offer fitting only anymore, atall. Just something to think bout x

That's a very good point! I thankfully haven't had this as yet as to be honest, I don't do a lot of fitting only.. I try to avoid these as much as I can! But thank you for the advice [emoji106]

Disclaimers mean 'Jack s**t' :oops:

Latest posts

Back