Help - how many colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheer Bliss

Reaction score
Hi I am new to all this. I have taken the daunting step of going mobile and am so nervous. I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some advise. When offering a manicure/pedicure with nail polish how many colours of varnish should I take with me. Is it worth buying a full set of colours. Do I check with the client what colour they prefer and take a few options.

I have been thinking the same thing x

I bought the basics, red, coral, brown, deep purple, soft pink, bright pink and colours for French.

To be honest this was one of the reasons I gave up mobile. I ended up so harassed with carting everything about. I always carried a full set of polishes with me so the client could make the choice at the time. I now work from my home which suits me far better. It allows me to display all my polishes/gels without breaking my back 😃

Good luck with whatever you do x

What range of polish would you recommend

I'm mobile and I carry OPI. The colours I bring are:

(I wont use the OPI names in case you use a different brand)

A true red matte

A darker red in frosted

Brown/red in matte

A dark purple/red (almost black) matte and in frosted

A orangey coral matte

Hot pink matte (and a few other variations of pink)

A medium pink in frosted

Baby pink in matte and frosted

Dark blue in matte

Coffee

A few very light and sheer and frosted pinks for French

White for French

A red/orange in matte

A frosted silver/grey

I find these to be enough. There's something there for everyone, unless they want green or yellow but most of nail varnish clients are over 35, the younger ones I have managed to convert to Gelish.

When I was mobile I carried about 2 dozen colours, including the most obvious and popular ones. With experience I knew which colours certain clients preferred and took the relevant colours, and I asked new clients what colours they preferrred so I could take a good selection.

When mobile I used the old Creative collection. I've just become salon based again and have decided to invest in the new CND range (colour & effects) and I have to say that I think they would be ideal for a mobile tech because you can get a large number of colour combinations out of a small collection of bottles.

I purchased the RooRoo nail varnish case to carry all my polishes in. I think they are great.
I have a range of red, pinks, purples, browns.
I currently use china glaze, but am thinking of changing to CND

Latest posts

Back