Help!!!! I dont know what to tell my student

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi becca:hug: i dont think you will find anything to back this up apart from this thread,unfortunately.
I dont do fibreglass or silk, but do gel and l&p, from my experience i find l&p to suit a more heavy handed client...but i am years ahead with my l&p than gel.
Mainly wanted to say to you as a ex tutor..i have been in exactly the same position as you.
All i can say is a good teacher keeps their eyes open and always looks to re educate themselves..as you certainly do.
Unfortunately you cant always teach a old dog new tricks..it all depends on their attitude..some think they have nothing more to learn..and more worse..cant be bothered..i would say you are dealing with this.
If you are happy with where you work, apart from this person, then focus on the fact that she is now in admin:), and you DO have the students to yourself at the end of the day.
Stay confident and educated..this will win your students over in the end.

Got an idea for you ...

Why don't you email Doug Shoone? I can't remember if your points have all been covered in his book, 'Nail Structure & Product Chemistry' but if you do not have a copy of it you should. He is usually only too willing to help with the definitive answers and he has the equipment in the lab that produces all the measurements for strength etc. He can be reached at [email protected]

Kirsty,:hug: thank you for your replies! Have printed out the article Gigi wrote and put it in with my papers for nails that was a awesome link and thank you for all your replies and trying to help me out on this.

Melody, :hug::hug:thank you for the understanding of what position I am in and what I was trying to say. It is nice to know someone else could relate, I knew I couldn’t be the only one ever in this position. The hard thing is I like this person she is always someone I have got along with and when it comes to esthetics she can do an amazing facial. I’m not quite sure what’s with the attitude.

Gigi, :hug:thank you, you are always a great help that would be a great book to keep on hand I’m still working on trying to get your book too for class.

V, I actually give this and another forum address to all my students in all courses of study even some of the instructors there are amazed at some of the things I bring to them from here.

Thank you everyone else for your opinions and taking the time to help :hug:

Latest posts

Back