Help, I hate my dyed black hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francesXXX

Reaction score
I’m a hairdresser and I’ve done a stupid thing- had my own hair dyed black and I HATE it!! I’m naturally a warm medium brown, like a chestnut. I just fancied something vivid and interesting, but I actually just look 10 years older and washed out. It definitely isn’t the right colour for me. Also, the black colour really shows up all the frizz on my hair.
I had richesse base 1, only done once, on top of a medium brown (which I just wish I could go back to now ). The problem is my hair is very fragile and damaged from past bleaching, which is partly why I wanted to stick with darker colours while I got the condition back. I can’t put any form of lightening product again, or my hair will definitely melt off (I already get loads of hair breaking off when it’s wet).
Any advice?? I’m really hoping that because we did a richesse instead of permanent, it’ll just fade. But I’m not so sure

Just use a colour reducer to remove the colour. A proper colour reducer doesn’t contain bleach.
If you’ve never used one before, read this thread first.
After using Black tint, you’re going to need to do the process at least twice, possibly 3 times to get most of the artificial colour out.
Use a demi afterwards that’s at least 2 levels lighter than your target shade so maybe use a level 6.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/colour-reducers-versus-colour-strippers.315126/

I’m a hairdresser and I’ve done a stupid thing- had my own hair dyed black and I HATE it!! I’m naturally a warm medium brown, like a chestnut. I just fancied something vivid and interesting, but I actually just look 10 years older and washed out. It definitely isn’t the right colour for me. Also, the black colour really shows up all the frizz on my hair.
I had richesse base 1, only done once, on top of a medium brown (which I just wish I could go back to now ). The problem is my hair is very fragile and damaged from past bleaching, which is partly why I wanted to stick with darker colours while I got the condition back. I can’t put any form of lightening product again, or my hair will definitely melt off (I already get loads of hair breaking off when it’s wet).
Any advice?? I’m really hoping that because we did a richesse instead of permanent, it’ll just fade. But I’m not so sure
As @AcidPerm suggested, colour remover is going to be the best way around this, with zero damage. I would avoid any form of bleaching or lightening. I highly recommend Zalon colour remover, Affinage eraser and colour reset. They are all reliable and do not contain bleaching agents.

Latest posts

Back