Help! I have booked my first wedding fayre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda@Ritual

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have booked my first wedding fayre and its fair to say I am absolutely pooping myself about it. I have no idea where to start.
I have a roll up banner advertising what services I do but apart from that I am stuck on what else I need to do.

What should I put on the table? Price lists obviously but what else? I am going to have a 5ft table with just a pile of leaflets on!:Scared:

Have any of you done this type of thing before and what did you do, what leaflets etc did you use?

Any help, tips or advice you could give me would be gratefully accepted as I want to look professional and like I know what I am doing (although don't feel like that at the minute haha)

I am a mobile therapist by the way.

Thanks everyone!
xx

We done something similar not too long ago. Not quite a wedding fayre but a local event that was on.

We had a few models with their hair up in different styles, with their nails done etc... These guys were walking around the event handing out flyers and just speaking to different people about what we do etc.

Make sure you take your appointment book! Seems obvious, but pack it first!!!

As for on the table, take a Sally Doll Head, perhaps a few of the different products you use.

Make up a scrap book

Get a blank hard back book, customise it if you like with your logo etc on the front page and then have all your existing clients write a short message in there stating their experiences in using you!... you know what I mean, like a book that gets passed round at weddings and birthdays for everyone to write messages in :p....

Take a few bottles of champers and have the glasses ready poured on a nice shiny tray...

:)

Craig

My first wedding fair I offered file and polish for a reduced rate, to be honest I didn't do many on the day but it did look nice to have it set up. Also I took with me my facial products and made a nice display and I framed a porter for a prize draw to win a facial - good way of doing data capture and I then emailed everyone afterwards offering them a 10% discount off their first booking, picked up a few newbies!

Good luck and enjoy!! x

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

Thanks Guys

I have started to make lists of what I need, to be honest I wanted to keep my costs down as the day itself is costing £200 and by the time I order leaflets etc it will be even more, love the champers idea but a bit beyond my budget at the minute.

Oh well I am starting to organise well ahead so hopefully all will be okay.

Thanks
xx:)

I have done several wedding fayres now and some very successfully. Take a cloth to cover the table, your literature, maybe a pretty pot or vase and make a display with some make-up brushes in it. Use some of your make-up to create a display area so people are drawn to your table and it is clear what you are offering. I take my netbook which has a slide show running of pictures of brides I have worked with. Thank you cards from brides and customers and testimonials. And a book or forms to note down name, date of wedding, time of wedding and possible requirements.
Good Luck. It will be fine :p

Make sure you get an email address and contact number x

I would say run a wee competition - a good way to do data capture for brides to be contact details :) Just have a poster/sign on a mini A board with the comp details and a sign up sheet below

Latest posts

Back