Help I need to shift weight fast!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly? Eat healthy for a week. Aim for 1,200 calories ish a day. Stock up on fruit and veg and quorn and pre plan what your going to eat so you dont have those "oooh what can i eat" moments when u think of everything u REALLY would like lol.

Snack a jacks make a great "sweet" snack. And go to the gym! Aim for a 400 - 500 calorie burn per session. I would say you could easily ditch inches. Not going to say lbs as sometimes you build muscle which replaces te weight loss - but due to being denser than fat you WILL be slimmer. Use a measuring tape to keep you motivated when the scales are letting you down :biggrin:

cutting out carbs helps enormously also buying biscuits and snacks that you just aren't into helps. I've had a chocolate habit for years and years, cup of coffee and a biscuit or bar or chocolate at 8pm, since I've started buying jammy dodgems and other biscuits that I don't like, I've been avoiding that 8pm habit.

Lots of salads at this time of year with yummy vegetables, make your plate look exciting.

He doesnt notice ive put the weight on its just me you know what us women are like! infact he's always saying how much he loves my curves and boobs lol
This diet thing is just temporary measure to loose the excess before the wedding i intend on keeping up the exersise and watching what i eat more after the wedding.
Thank you x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

If you want this as a quick fix, then yes, a diet that reflects carbohydrate intake will be the one for you.
The media have done a very good job of scare mongering, but if you read the new book for Atkins you will find out it is nothing like the media like to portray.

Your body has a threshold for carbs. As a nation we eat way over and above what we need nutritionally, so this diet is a way for you to find out what you individually need.

Getting all that processed food and excess (often hidden) sugar out of your system will feel great. It's very cleansing for the mind as well as the body.

After the wedding, you can maintain the initial weight loss with a more media friendly way if you wish. But I bet you won't want to eat all that bloaty starch again. Stick to real food, food that appears as it was born, as I call it.
But if you do eat something sugary after detoxing, you will really feel the agitated buzz from it. It's not nice!

My partner did the Cambridge diet cause he was 21 stone and he was one of those people who had to loose weight instant or he would pack it in lol!!

He has lost 6 stone in total!! He didn't really find it that hard either only the first week! He was a big drinker and he didn't crave alcohol either has he was happy with the results!!
Even when he was refeeding he lost 2 stone!! It only took him 12 weeks in total to loose 6 stone!! And 2 yrs later he has still kept the majority of the weight of!! He has gained 2 stone but his now on weight watchers, but in 6 weeks or less it will be back off, has he has good weight losses!!

I've done this diet, also first 2 weeks good weight loss, I lost 1 stone. But then it was coming off in pounds so I reverted to weight watchers!!

I would recommend this diet for the obese because there weight is more unhealthy for them than this diet!!

Was just about to suggest the cambridge diet... Good luck xx

I read a story about a lady who did the Cambridge diet for 8 weeks & she died!!! :o

Put me off ever doing it when i read that. x

I have done the cambridge sole source and lost 5 stone in 3 months. I have kept all the weight completely off until February this year when I was prescribed some meds which interfere with the brain's ability to tell up when you're full. I'm back on it now and have lost over a stone in two weeks. I have to go to a Cosmetic Executive Women summit in June and I cannot go looking like a fat blimp from the country.
Like I said I kept all the weight for 2 years, and my GP tells me my statins are fine, my heart is fine, my liver and kidney function is fine and my BP is 110/80.

may sound daft what is the cambridge diet never heard of it, is it shakes like slimfast

Yep shakes soups bars & porridge (just googled it)

yuk

But I guess if it does the job :lick:

I fluctuate by 1.5-2stone, it's so annoying. I'm heavier at the moment and have an event in a month but I know I just couldn't stick to those shake things.

I've just bought Bachs Flower Remedies Emotional Eating Kit . . . well it's worked today, special k, ham salad, dinner . .. can I make it through the evening now, I ask myself??

My friend is now a size 6 by substituting 10 meals a week with a grapefruit . .. . didn't sound to bad till you realise you only eat 21 meals a week anyway and that's those of us who don't skip breakfast! :eek:

I'm liking the Flabelos idea, also the wrap! Guess I'm lazy :green:

I've just bought Bachs Flower Remedies Emotional Eating Kit . . . well it's worked today, special k, ham salad, dinner . .. can I make it through the evening now, I ask myself??

What do they taste like? I really need some of this!

I've been dieting and exercising every day for 14 days and I have lost 1 stone 6 pound.

Breakfast I eat a bowl of special k

Lunch fruit

Dinner chicken and salad or chicken and veg.

After breakfast I do 30 mins of work out which is running, squats ,push ups,sit ups star jumps,and a few other things 15 of each 3 times over.I do this everyday and after dinner I go for a 30 min walk to.

I've not snacked or broken my diet I've noticed a difference and my partner double chin has vanished face has slimmed down.xxx

It's hard work but worth it.

I'm trying to track what I eat with my net diary on the iPhone app but looking at the end results each day I'm way over on my carbs!! Need to lose 5lb in three weeks 😱x

I'm trying to track what I eat with my net diary on the iPhone app but looking at the end results each day I'm way over on my carbs!! Need to lose 5lb in three weeks ��x

Which app do you use lila?

Which app do you use lila?

Hi it's mynetdiary it's great most foods you can scan the bar code, works out how many calories you can have for your goal just put in weight height ect and yr target, it's the pro which is the paid one as think there is a free version too x

I haven't checked this but I have a feeling that special k is worse than rice krispies in terms of calories etc. I knew when I did whale watchers there were fewer points in rice krispies than in special k.

I haven't checked this but I have a feeling that special k is worse than rice krispies in terms of calories etc. I knew when I did whale watchers there were fewer points in rice krispies than in special k.

I nearly bought them today! Glad I didn't! X

Hi it's mynetdiary it's great most foods you can scan the bar code, works out how many calories you can have for your goal just put in weight height ect and yr target, it's the pro which is the paid one as think there is a free version too x

Sounds good - off to download it :)

Was going to ask if that was a typo - but it wasn't was it? :lol:

Nope, and I used to go to a whale watchers meeting in Fatcham (Thatcham)! It peed the leader off no end that I called it that, but believe it there was never a truer word!

I know 3 people who did the Cambridge diet. All had amazing results, literally amazing! One of them was unrecognisable she looked so different after loosing so much weight. However, ALL three came off the diet and are now bigger than they were before. IMO it's only good if u need to loose weight fast for an operation or something. Maybe do it for the wedding if u want a quick fix (I probably would) but if u want longer results it's not the best diet.....

I eat special k because I don't like another cereal apart from bran flakes but I can't eat them everyday because it plays havoc with my behind lol.I also don't like milk so that's what workes for me and I'm loosing weight so I'm happy with my results x

Latest posts

Back