HELP i want to stay blonde x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah147

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm blonde and have been for years and love it, but my hair is snaping so bad i use all the products u can think of which makes it lovely and soft but still snaps, i've really fine hair too, and what i was wanting help with is what colour i can use on my hair instead of bleach based, i use gentle mech at mo but need something gentle but to get same results, my base is about a 5 and ill also hate the yellow look i like mine the nice blonde if u know what i mean, please can someone help me as i don't want to go dark oh and i have it cut every 6-8 weeks to try stop it but doesn't work, its really getting me down lately help xxx :cry:

Hi, sarah , I don't want to sound rude or anything :|
but..... you didn't say if you are a hairdresser ?

If not and you are bleaching your hair yourself at home this may be why it is snapping off
as the product sounds like it could be way too strong for what you are using it for ?
you didn't say if you use it for highlights or for an all over gobal blonde ?
it could be that its getting overlapped somewhere and then snapping off

you really need to ask your hairdresser to take over all professional procedures for you or a college , not just the cutting part ,:)

we can only advise other trained hairdressers with professional product choices
as it would be wrong and dangerous for us to give an untrained person professional product advice ,

IykwIm :hug:

hi sorry im not a hairdresser but work within one and my mate is a hairdresser within the salon i work in and she highlights it for me, but i buy the stuff for her to do it but she doesn't really know about other products on market and asked me to ask u lot on some tips or other products to use to stop the damage please help me xx

Hi sarah , is she taking the bleach through the hair each time you have it done ?

no only on root so it doesn't damage it more xx

Hi sarah .... from a natural level 5 , there is nothing other than bleach that is going to lift it up as well , and gentle meches are quite a good make ,
all bleaches work in the same manner and all have a similar composition,

if you used a high lift tint it would have yellow brassy tones in it that you wouldnt like ,

the only other brand I could suggest is Loreal Platinuim which is supposed to be vey gentle but with a high lifting quality , there are two types , you will need the one for darker hair
try not to tone it using tint and peroxide too much in between ,
or you could try a ready made proclere toner there are lots of different tones available
or a wella colour fresh 0/6 in violet to take away any yellow tones.

back to the bleach as long as there hasn't been any colour on the hair before that had to be lifted out,
and you dont have lowlights added as well ,
and you don't take the bleach product it right through the hair or overlap,

then all I can think of is it may be over use of peroxide toners this combined with bleaching can have a drying effect ,

if so you could swap them to one of the milder toners mentioned above and see how it goes :hug:

hi hun i have ordered some loreal platitinum hopefully that will help, i don't do anything to my hair between having it coloured i just do conditioning treatments on it. thank you so much for your help xx

Latest posts

Back