Help!! IBD gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelygirl

Reaction score
I need serious help!!! I have recently started doing gels again but im using ibd soak off and i have 2 problems. First, every time i apply it over tips i end up with a dip right next to the tip,each side of it and it doesnt matter what i do, i cant solve this problem! I have noticed it is alot runnier than the file off gel tho. Also, this system doesnt have a white gel, what would you suggest i try for that? Any hints or tips would be much appreciated.Thanks sooooo much!!!!!!!

I need serious help!!! I have recently started doing gels again but im using ibd soak off and i have 2 problems. First, every time i apply it over tips i end up with a dip right next to the tip,each side of it and it doesnt matter what i do, i cant solve this problem! I have noticed it is alot runnier than the file off gel tho. Also, this system doesnt have a white gel, what would you suggest i try for that? Any hints or tips would be much appreciated.Thanks sooooo much!!!!!!!

Your gel is shrinking at the free edge causing the dip. To solve the problem work the colour on in a thin coat (it may look patchy) and make sure there is no excess at the free edge when you seal the edge.

Do not cap the edge in a separate move with your brush (this also causes the problem you are having) just flick your brush along the edge as you polish to seal it as you go along.

Naturally a soak off gel is runnier than a hard gel. Soak off gels are thin and should be applied thin. Good luck.

Thankyou!!! :D I will give it a go tomorrow and let you know how i get on

so i tried this soak off again...and its no better :sad: its just like its too soft or something and i even changed my bulbs. it says in their instructions that its fine over tips not just overlays but somehow i dont think so. really disappointed with it so far

so i tried this soak off again...and its no better :sad: its just like its too soft or something and i even changed my bulbs. it says in their instructions that its fine over tips not just overlays but somehow i dont think so. really disappointed with it so far

That is a shame ... Should've gone for Shellac ... To me it is the obvious choice as it is SO well known and I think, just what you need.

Hi there,
Have you called IBD trainers at Grafton international.
They are fab and really helpful.

Latest posts

Back