Help!! I'm 28 and my skin looks like a 14 year old's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmie

Reaction score
Hiya

I'm a qualified nail tech, have just gone part time in my office job to launch my own mobile service. I have great hair (finally found a fantastic hairdresser who's a marvel!) my nails are better than ever, I've lost weight and have a style I love but my skin is appalling.

I never seem to clear a breakout before the next one starts. I've tried all the medications from the doctor's, most of the treatments available in Boots and earlier in the year did 2 courses of microdermabraisan facials. The facials have evened up my skin tone but the spots are still horrible.

I can cover them with make-up but this makes them worse. I have 1 glass of wine in a normal week, couple of choccy biscuits with my tea at work, some ice cream, eat my 5 fruit & veg, don't go out in the sun too much, cleanse tone and moisturise twice daily but they never get any better.

I know there are worse cases of acne and a dozen or so spots at a time isn't that bad, but I'm desperately unhappy about this it just sucks at my confidence :cry: Does anyone know any treatments that might help?

Hiya

I'm a qualified nail tech, have just gone part time in my office job to launch my own mobile service. I have great hair (finally found a fantastic hairdresser who's a marvel!) my nails are better than ever, I've lost weight and have a style I love but my skin is appalling.

I never seem to clear a breakout before the next one starts. I've tried all the medications from the doctor's, most of the treatments available in Boots and earlier in the year did 2 courses of microdermabraisan facials. The facials have evened up my skin tone but the spots are still horrible.

I can cover them with make-up but this makes them worse. I have 1 glass of wine in a normal week, couple of choccy biscuits with my tea at work, some ice cream, eat my 5 fruit & veg, don't go out in the sun too much, cleanse tone and moisturise twice daily but they never get any better.

I know there are worse cases of acne and a dozen or so spots at a time isn't that bad, but I'm desperately unhappy about this it just sucks at my confidence :cry: Does anyone know any treatments that might help?

sounds like they are probably due to hormones, cant the doctor aproach it from that angle ?

would you mind describing where on your face the breakouts usually are? as dermalogica face mapping can help. i had a client who had a constant breakout on her chin, she tried everything!!! she came to see me n i sent her on allergy testing as the chin can be linked to allergies! n bravo she had an allergy to sumfing cant remeber what!!! n shes never had beta skin when she came of that particular food! give it a try! xxxx

Go to a reputable salon for a facial where they can assess your skin and advise on an in-salon and at home skin care regime. OTC products tend to be very drying on the skin and quite harsh, usually because the pH is very alkaline. If you can find a Nimue salon then their products are the mutts nuts for problematic skin.

If you can get hold of any Eminence products here in the UK they are great at clearing up breakouts, hormonal or otherwise, gently. We use them in our salon, and I can particularly recommend the Herbal Spot Serum and the Seven Herb Treatment (used as a masque). You could even put some honey on as a mask...I have had acne for 10 years and find that this helps. It has a natural antibacterial action, as well as being moisturising, so great for non-oily breakouts too. HTH
x

Hello there.

As Sassy said,going to a reputable salon is advisable as opposed to over the counter products.

Finding a dermacosmeseutical product and facial range can give very good results on environmentally damaged and acneic skin.

For this ive had FANTASTIC results from Karin Herzog,as this goes down into the dermis,and kills bacteria throught the oxygen therapy.Why i love it is because its hands on and involves NO machinery whatsoever.
Karin Herzog UK they will give you samples aswell.

Ive also had great results(and this did surprise me!) from the Acadaromes essential oil facial.Ive had several clients purchase the acadaromes oil,which PURIFIES and detoxifies and calms the pustular skin,while having a course of 4 treatments in a month.The pressure point and lymphatic drainage massage,aids also in purifying the skin.

LE CONCEPT SCIENTIFIQUE DE LA BEAUTE or French Cosmetics, Academie, Christian Breton. Beauty salon and Spa suppliers

This range is fairly new to the UK,and is very underestimated,but in my own opinion you will be seeing alot more of this French skin care range,in the future.

Dont get disheartened,you CAN and WILL get fabulous skin if worked and helped from your therapist! :hug:

i am 24 and still had bad skin. my mum was using Cellex-C, a vit. C serum and i thought i wouls try it to help with my dark under eye circles. well, within 3 weeks my skin looked amazing. I had no more out breaks, my blackheads and whiteheads were almost all gone, the tone and texture of my skin was perfect.
it has been 3 months now and i use Cellex-C exclusively now (they have a complete skincare line including acne products and sun care) because i had tried EVERYTHING before, and nothing made an improvement except this cellex-c advanced C serum. Cellex-C is sold in dermatologists offices and high end department stores. It retails for $90USD for the reg. C serum and $130 i think for the Advanced C serum. I myself buy it on e-bay from skincare stores that include the box so that you can see the expiry date. on ebay i buy the advanced C serum for $75 USD...so you save a lot on ebay.
All of my friends have all asked what i did because my skin was looking flawless...no blemishes, even tone and texture, just glowing and now all of them are using cellex -c. I know its a bit of an investment at first but you will see such a difference. check out their web site at cellex-c.com tells you all about the products and scientific testing, etc.
I love telling others what has worked for me b/c i have tried so many products on the market...hope this helps!

Hiya

You sound like me, I felt I had tried EVERYTHING to no avail.... eventually I discovered P8N8 and it worked for me. It has completely changed my skin:)

Here's a link

P8N8 - antiageing oxygen skincare

If you decide to try it, it may take about 6-8 weeks to work, and your skin will probably purge, i.e. get worse before it gets better but in the long term it is sooo worth going through that xx

You sound like me, I felt I had tried EVERYTHING to no avail.... eventually I discovered P8N8 and it worked for me. It has completely changed my skin:)

Here's a link

P8N8 - antiageing oxygen skincare

If you decide to try it, it may take about 6-8 weeks to work, and your skin will probably purge, i.e. get worse before it gets better but in the long term it is sooo worth going through that xx
Yes,Zoe i agree here,as the skin is "healing" or "detoxing" as it were:eek:as its is expeling toxins

...But its so worth it in the long run:green:

My mum was a smoker with quiet a poor diet and thought exercise was a dirty word but she has beautiful skin, I have good skin now, our secret, 2 or three liters of water a day, mine was discovered because of the diet I follow and it made me think of mum who always had a glass of water next to her, nothing fancy just good old tap water, it works, keep those kidneys flushed and you keep the toxins out of your system, result, clear skin.:lol:

I too have great skin.. ((touch wood)) and i put it down to water.. I drink alcahol (lots), smoke and eat what i want and drink copius amounts of cofee.. but i also always have a glass of water on the go.. I'm 31 and apart from the usual lines of a face i dont have wrinkles and rarely breakout.. BUT when i do get close to my monthly's i get one massive one (right in the middle of my forehead usualy)
:eek:
Anyway back to post.. Water is often overlooked, but IMO is a must where skin is concerned.. oh and also.. ALWAYS TAKE OFF YOUR MAKEUP.. I capitalised that because how many of us go to bed with makeup and wake up with panda eyes?? From early on my mum taught me to never lay down with a face full of muck.. and unless i dont remember going to sleep the night before i always clean my skin before bed..
Sometimes its little things like hydration and clean skin that make all the difference!

Whilst I agree that drinking plenty of water every day is vital to the health of the whole body - not just the skin - suggesting that water alone will solve a skin problem is not the answer. It may be the answer for you, but sadly you cannot just generalise like that - just as you wouldn't generalise when a nail client came through your door, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. If only it were that easy everyone would just drink water and the beauty industry would go down the pan and dermatologists would have an empty waiting room!!!

This is why it is so important to see either a beauty therapist in a salon, or in more severe cases a dermatologist. Both have training in what they do, if the former is presented with a problem that is out of their league they will refer them on to the latter.

The skin is affected by many factors - intrinsic and extrinsic. Genetics play a hell of a part in our skin (I am lucky and we have fab skin in our family). Also diet, stress, sun damage, age, hormones, current skin care regime ... I could go on and on. When you visit a GOOD beauty therapist he / she will complete a consultation for up to half an hour on your first appointment, and will cover all these issues, discuss with you your concerns (which are often different to what a trained eye can see) and expectations and then determine the best course of action for YOU. We do not even assess the skin until it is fully cleansed and we can REALLY see it and TOUCH it - it's amazing how your assessment of skin can totally change when you actually feel it.

So this is why I suggested to you go to a salon. Assessing skin is not as easy as giving advice over the internet, it is FAR more complex and individualistic.

wow yea.. i totaly didnt mean it to sound like i thought water was the lost elixer of the fountain of youth!!:smack:.. On top of that i use a great cleaning/moisturising treatment and stay out of the sun as much as i can..
Sorry if i came across as if i think water is the key.. its just something i do to keep my skin hydrated and my system flushed.. obviously i would never discount a proffesionals opinion i just figured i could throw it out there...:green:

Whilst I agree that drinking lots of water helps to hydrate the skin, it also has to be said that alcohol, smoking and drinking coffee etc can be factors that speed up ageing - something none of us want.

Cutting back on these will help your skin in the future as will a good skin care regime, good skin care products, facial massage and eating the right foods.

I use a company called Swiss Dermyl to provide a wide range of facials and products to my clients, their products are fantastic (in fact used by royalty and celebs) and they have a wide range of products to aid in problematic skin.

You could google Swiss Dermyl to find a therapist who does these facials.

I have seen fantastic results as have my clients with the use of these products.

hth's xxx

Latest posts

Back