Help, I'm lost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracyjayne

Reaction score
I am lost spent most of the bank holiday researching different products such as gellux, shellac, gel nails acrylics so many different types doing different would like as much advice as possible whats good and what's bad. Would also like to know what it more kinder to our own nails had acrylics a while ago and they left my nails thin and horrible when I got them off .thank u any advise will be great x

Acrylics if done properly by a good tech should NOT damage your nails. Its bad techs that cause damage, not the product itself.

Have you decided if you want to offer Gel nails, Natural Nail Services, Power Polish, Gel polish etc? If you can narrow it down a bit, we can try to help you with some suggestions. I am trained in Biosculpture, but currently do Shellac, which I love, but there are many reputable products out there - and everyone tends to be loyal to the brands they use.

What are you currently trained in?

I have just started a spa manicure course. So I'm just researching to see what else I want to do. I am quite keen on shellac and gellux just really want to know what's best to go for x

Well I am not sure about Gellux, but both Gelish and Shellac are very popular.

Gelish has a great range of colours which is what attracts most people to it.. Shellac requires no filing of the natural nail and can be layered to create additional colours.

Both are reputable and popular but slightly different products as one is a gel polish and the other is a power polish.

There are lots of threads on this, so much actually it does get a bit difficult going through it all, nevertheless that's what to do.

If you have the time ( a few months) whilst your training (and finances) you could narrow your selection down to 3 or 4 systems and then get each of them done. I managed this to a certain extent and decided on Jessica. They have an exceptional name amongst top salons and spas around the world, they care about your natural nail, offer prescriptive nail treatments and their Gel system is brilliant.

Hope this helps a little.

Pop the kettle on and have a sit down.

Good Luck P x

Latest posts

Back