help ive trained year ago

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula j

Reaction score
:irked: help anyone please!!!!!!!!!!
i trained with herts and essex college and did a week doing manicure / pedicure and acrylic nails ,
I didnt feel anywhere near confident or ready so booked creative foundation course
i trained with tracy lejay ( what a lovely lady :lol:) at loughton essex
i passed the course and then did next step spa / manicure pedicure and did a one too one with a master there as i still felt my nails werent any where near what i personally want them to be :irked:,
now after all those classes and stock etc i feel wasted i am now trying to muster the courage to get out and do it once and for all .
im about to book a vtec manicure/pedicure course at colledge part time and another try at Landp system ,But what would you all do my family think im wasting a talent but really want a in depth course where i feel ive trained enough is colledge the right way to go ???????????????????????
any help or comments respected in advance
thanks paula x

i think alot of people will agree thet collegue may not be the best way i'm not sure how in depth the course you want to go on is, your best bet is doing clients or friends and family to build confidence you can have all the training in the world but until you start doing nails your not going to build confidence in yourself as a technician hun, if you want indepht info then do your masters with creative xx

I know just how you are feeling, I doubt my abilities to do nails all the time, personally I know that going to college with a room full of people and little time from a tutor wouldn't help me at all. Personally I would say stick with Creative and get yourself some 1-2-1's booked. I have been lucky enough to have had some great classes with Creative recently and it has helped me and my confidence no end.

Hi Paula

If you trained with Tracey you've had some very good basic training.

What I'm not 'getting' is what it is you meant by 'get out and do it once and for all'! What does that mean?

My guess is that you don't feel ready to 'go mobile'? You have some good certificates so why not try to get a job in a salon and get the exprience that is essential. That should result in a big confidence boost and plenty of experience of a variety of clients. Then see how you feel at the end of a year.

I don't think you're going to get the confidence unless you take the plunge and just DO IT!

The more time you spend training and telling yourself that you're still not quite good enough then you'll never do it whereas the more sets of nails you do, the more you learn and the better you will be and you will become more confident in yourself..

When I did my first paying client I was terrified!:lol: But I can see improvements each and every time I do them and thats what makes your confidence grow.

I agree with mum, if you don't feel ready to go it alone, try and get a position in a salon where you will have others to help and advice you.

Good luck!:hug:

Hi Paula

If you trained with Tracey you've had some very good basic training.

What I'm not 'getting' is what it is you meant by 'get out and do it once and for all'! What does that mean?

My guess is that you don't feel ready to 'go mobile'? You have some good certificates so why not try to get a job in a salon and get the exprience that is essential. That should result in a big confidence boost and plenty of experience of a variety of clients. Then see how you feel at the end of a year.

thats exactly it i trained and have done nothing since then but for natural nails one day at creative wasnt enough i dont know enough about the natural nail if asked questions
but will do masters at creative thanks again hun x

:irked: help anyone please!!!!!!!!!!
i trained with herts and essex college and did a week doing manicure / pedicure and acrylic nails ,
I didnt feel anywhere near confident or ready so booked creative foundation course
i trained with tracy lejay ( what a lovely lady :lol:) at loughton essex
i passed the course and then did next step spa / manicure pedicure and did a one too one with a master there as i still felt my nails werent any where near what i personally want them to be :irked:,
now after all those classes and stock etc i feel wasted i am now trying to muster the courage to get out and do it once and for all .
im about to book a vtec manicure/pedicure course at colledge part time and another try at Landp system ,But what would you all do my family think im wasting a talent but really want a in depth course where i feel ive trained enough is colledge the right way to go ???????????????????????
any help or comments respected in advance
thanks paula x

Hi Hun :hug:

Do you have a nail trainer? I bought mine off ebay, I found (and still find this) it really helps with practise on getting the product in the right place, shaping, etc. Obviously it' can't say ouch if you catch it's sidewalls, but if you do yourself lots of practise with a nail trainer, then do some friends for mates rates or even free (make sure you let them know they will have to pay when you are set up), then you will have lots of practise under your belt, and you will also start to realise where your strengths and weaknesses are and be able to build on them.

If you study the forum, you'll notice that just about EVERYONE believes in training regularly when you are already working, as you can always improve/add/learn, so don't feel bad about still wanting toimprove, everyone can improve!

I would think about booking yourself a one 2 one ot skillbiulding but have some client's lined up for after the course. These needn't be the general public but four or five friends and acquiantances. Have the dates in your diary- believe if they are vague promises you will avoid firming up an appointment. (I Know because I've done it).

There is no substitute for practise. Yes - you will be nervous - but at some point you just have to do it.

Hi i did the manicure and pedicure VTCT at my local college, i found it quite basic would be good if you havent had any other training but by the sounds of it you might be a little advanced and will find it boring. i did and i had never done nails before,:) I have looked at doing the creative introduction course and I have heard so many good comments about it I wish I had gone there in the first place. :green:

laura xxx

Latest posts

Back