Help! Just want to cry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerriequinton01

Reaction score
hi, im getting lots of business but feel like i want to turn it down.
im using asp for friench tips(stick on) and gelish for colour.would like to not use asp as dont think that gel is for me as dont find it lasts. LOVE gelish and want to use it for my friench tips.have been recommened it from gelish harmany. but am unsure on how to appy,please correct me if wrong;

bh bond..cure...gelish hard gel x3....cure....top it of....cure!

would like to have some advice before investing in this. if you think its not good for tips (stick on ) then please advice me on a good product.

i have had trainning,( if thats what you would call me £300 went on) and have also had lots of practice, as practice make perfect. now i need a good brand.get confused when i come on here and people talk about sculpting and building gels. as the asp gel i use,is just a gel?

getting upset and just want to jump of a cliff and im doing so much research and am working my tits of to be good at what i do.words cant describe. also had enuf of the sleepless night worrying about my products as need to find a good one now and stick with that and practice till im perfect....sooo......help please? before i go and find a cliff. :'(

thanks.. :)

Ok calm down, they are only nails, not worth jumping off a cliff for :D

I couldn't really understand but are you saying you use Gelish for natural nails and to use over asp gel hard nails for colour?

Are you asking whether you should change to harmony hard gel? If so, you would need to do a conversion course if you haven't already done so to get to know the product you will be working with and have a better understanding of how to use it.

I have read that asp isn't a very good brand of gel so that could be where your problem lies.

Sorry if I have read it wrong x

I can really feel your frustration.....and I feel for you. But honestly you need to get some training because it is clear from what you are saying that your knowledge is limited. I feel sad for you that you have spent good money on bad training and while I can appreciate that you want to get out there working right now it is clear you are not ready.

Slow down.....do some research on-line tonight and then give the systems helpline a call to establish which one you want to go with. I've trained with CND and NSI so far and both are excellent.

Probably not what you want to hear but that's my advice for what it is worth.

You are cleary very passionate and you will get there I'm sure :hug:

sorry. i use asp for tips(french stick on tips ) and for polish (colour) i use gelish. i dont use them together lol and will look into it. but want to know that its worth spending more moneey on this brand? as all my clients want tips.not natral nail polish :( if that was the case my life would be simple lol

Hi again,

I've just seen your other threads/posts where you asked if you had the process correct: stick on tips; ph bond; hard gel x 3; top coat.....

That is not correct. Amongst other things, if you are building extensions using tips then you need to build an apex for strength etc....you don't brush hard gel on three times as if it were Gelish or Shellac....

There's more to UV gel extensions that meets the eye ;)

Did your training cover enhancements? And what product did you train with initially? X

when i started my course i didnt know about all diffrent gels,when getting my nails done it was just stick on tips.when doing my trainning that all we did,so came out thinking that all! lol if that makes sence! i trainned with NN?
and when using that is just 3 coats of the same gel,wish i could say what kind of gel but i have no idea as wasnt told! im just so gutted as cant affored or even got the time to do more trainning,my busines has really picked up. just need god products now. im only use to using one gelx3. not all these diffrent gels. i know how silly and usless i sould,but beleave it or not...without having the education side of things, im not that bad,as have had lots of practice now.

what gels do you recomment...do you use tips. and i meen stick on white tips.as if im going to have to start from scratch, i might as well get it right the second time round.want to use the same brand so if gelish dont do what im looking for i might have to change everythink.

thanks x

shallac any goood then? i see a lot of people comment about that brand.what the applaction like? better then gelish? better colours?
thanks

Shellac will not help you with your problem as it is a power polish... Somewhat similar to gelish.... Not used for enhancements

I'm gonna say this as I've read both your threads and both have me scratching my head..

To me you sound as if you need to start from scratch and slowly.

You aren't using correct terminology or names for even the most basic of products or their uses, you've been given excellent advice in the other thread yet still started this one.

How long was your last course?
You say you spent £300.00 on doing this course but what did it cover?
When did you complete the course?
Are you able to contact your course rotor and request further help for your understanding of products and what they're for?
Are you able to post a pic of your recent set of nails?
What are you using as an overlay on top of the white tips?
What level are you qualified at and do you have insurance?

Many of us began by watching vids and collecting tips by reading and self learning but many many folk have then taken that desire to know more and done further training, myself included.

You sound like you have that desire to learn more so look into colleges, classes and companies in the product you are interested in.

As technicians we have three little letters that should be looked into frequently... CPD
Continued personal development, learning is ongoing so get out there and get your CPD sorted for the new year :)

i thought my trainning would teach me everthink i need to know. as thats what it said.and im not using the right words becoz i dont know, and im owning up to that...i dont know what sculpting...building...or any of that means...all i got tought is there is one gel you use.they gave me a cerfitcate at the end, i stood there with my friend who was my modal and thought....WHAT? there is no way i walked out knowing more then when i walked in.. i admit i was a mug! but when i was thinking of doing the course i started to look into them and it seemed like a good idea.and it looked great, like i said i was a mug.

but after walking out i didnt want to give up,as didnt have that couse and i didnt want to. so i started trainning on my mates,got my salon service card...got new products...got better...did more of my mates...got lots of practice then people started to see my work and now i have lots of clients and that where i am now...4 months of practicing down the line.

i have emailed gelish about courses,but now im second thinking about them.

and yes i use gelish now as a natrual nail polish,and i work find with it,lasts me weeks! and i havnt had individal trainning with gelish.

i have a few photos up if you want to have a look. wil put more up now
thanks

Your not a mug for believing what you were told about a course.
What's key here is you are wanting to better yourself and that says a lot.

I ask again if you have insurance?
only because you shouldn't be working/practising on clients or friends or family without it and without knowing who you trained with, what qualification they gave you or if they even advised you on insurance you may find yourself in a spot of bother if something goes wrong or awry with anyone you're working/practising on.
There are many fab insurance companies and the other geeks here will know more companies than I.

You've come to the best place to find information to become a better tech but first you have to help yourself with further training.

One day you'll look back on these times and shake your head at how different you were as a tech, with drive and passion you'll reach your goals :)

sorry, yes i got 2 certificate,for gel and acrylic,but dont no the first THING about acrylic.see gel i have got to know,and like.
insurance.. i got told to practice for 3/4 months after my course before getting insurance? and yes have been looking into insurance for a while now and have even got quiots was hoping to be ready and get in by jan 2013 :( ,but thats really the next step,and wanted to make sure i was ready,and happy with my products.have i got that wrong?as if i get my insurance i got to declaire myself as self imployed,but not earning anythink really..just practicing.

yes im trying very hard,all i need is 2/3 days 1 on 1 and to practice with some good gels and learn about them.but weather i can get that i dont know.

thanks for your advise,im taking it all in.cant thank you enough!! you must think im a dumb silly b***ch lol

Shellac will not help you with your problem as it is a power polish... Somewhat similar to gelish.... Not used for enhancements

I think you will find momentarily that this statement is not quite true! :green:

i have used gelish with tips before,but small tips.whys that geeg can i ask?
x

when i started my course i didnt know about all diffrent gels,when getting my nails done it was just stick on tips.when doing my trainning that all we did,so came out thinking that all! lol if that makes sence! i trainned with NN?
and when using that is just 3 coats of the same gel,wish i could say what kind of gel but i have no idea as wasnt told! im just so gutted as cant affored or even got the time to do more trainning,my busines has really picked up. just need god products now. im only use to using one gelx3. not all these diffrent gels. i know how silly and usless i sould,but beleave it or not...without having the education side of things, im not that bad,as have had lots of practice now.

what gels do you recomment...do you use tips. and i meen stick on white tips.as if im going to have to start from scratch, i might as well get it right the second time round.want to use the same brand so if gelish dont do what im looking for i might have to change everythink.

thanks x

Ok,

Stick on White tips - don't work well with hard gel. Its difficult to cure the gel through such an opaque surface, hence using clear/natural tips and then using a gel paint to create the White.

With the course you did, did you do hard gel or gel polish?

With the hard gel system I use(NSI) I only use 1 gel through out.

This is my routine

Prep
Bond
Layer of lock In gel(thin)
Layer of thicker gel to build apex
A 3rd layer if needed
Then I use a gel topcoat.

I only use 1 pot of gel if doing clear/natural enhancements.
If I am having to do a French, I use the French gel paint to create my White tip. I do use other pots but I won't explain that as I seems you need to get your head round the basics first.

What do you mean by if gelish don't have what you are looking for, gelish offer a gel polish for natural nails and enhancement overlays but they also offer a hard gel to build extensions. Is this what you mean?

You really really need to get insurance sorted ASAP if you are working on the public and get yourself registered with hmrc if you haven't done so already. X

You should have insurance even for practising, loads of places within the beauty scene are really great for money.
I use ABT and for around 50.00 for a whole year it's a fab price.

I don't see why you have to declare yourself as employed once insured??
Do you see an advisor? If so speak to them about it, if you're not earning yet due to building up confidence then you can't be classed as earning yet.
As a student and practising I had insurance and wasn't considered as employed because I had insurance, you need to be practising safe Hun, even if it is just practise work.

You should have insurance even for practising, loads of places within the beauty scene are really great for money.
I use ABT and for around 50.00 for a whole year it's a fab price.

I don't see why you have to declare yourself as employed once insured??
Do you see an advisor? If so speak to them about it, if you're not earning yet due to building up confidence then you can't be classed as earning yet.
As a student and practising I had insurance and wasn't considered as employed because I had insurance, you need to be practising safe Hun, even if it is just practise work.

I think the OP needs to ring hmrc, her posts are very contradicting. In one she says she is just practicing and another she states she practiced on her friends then people seen her work and now she has lots of clients.

If she has started to run a business and working on clients and acting like a business by providing a service, she needs to register as self employed, it doesn't matter whether she is earning a little or not. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as hmrc told me this when I first started out x x

Definatley get insurance ASAP.

[QUOTE=Nails
Arrgghhh Nails I can never quote you via clicking quote tab lol sorry ;)

I totally see now what you're saying re OP and differing client base numbers etc.
My advisor told me that I only needed to contact HMRC once I was working over 16hrs. In jan I will be doing 17hrs as self employed but only working on walk ins mainly (salon just new to nails so slow building up) and despite some weeks earning nothing I know my hours going up means I will need to start the new phase of work, I'm quite excited ;)

Anyway back to OP
I'm actually wondering if the certificates are insurable?
We were told as soon as we were ready for working on others to look into insurance, yet OPs tutor advised waiting a few months to practise before getting it.. Does that sound like strange practice to give their students?

im not doing anythink dangerous, im purley praticing....everyone has to practice,my friend know im practising,there helping me.and thannk you for the advice on insurance...didnt relise how important it was...will get that asap!how are you ment to learn without practicing can i ask?
thanks and yes to much is an overload,and i dont do overlays...thats where you make the enhancement to the natrual nail isint? thats not what my clients are asking for! and yes i am looking into ferther trainning,but you have to understand where im coming from. its not like i dont care about it and get want money,as i hate those sort of people! im really trying and really care. so please dont get the impression i dont!
thanks

Latest posts

Back