Help! Just want to cry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well thats the same as what i got told...to go away and practice for 3-4 months...so thats what im doing? :/

i have used gelish with tips before,but small tips.whys that geeg can i ask?
x

No lol. Watch your Scratch Magazine. And watch out for the CND EVENT 2013.

Last edited:
No lol. Watch your Scratch Magazine. And watch out for the EVENT 2013.

Geeg, are you teasing us with what's to come?? ;)

I think you will find momentarily that this statement is not quite true! :green:

I like being wrong if it's exciting news :)

Watch Fingernail Fixer videos, she uses CND Brisa gel.
We are all trying to help you out but will you help us by proof reading your posts. They are very hard to understand.
Terminology:
Natural nail overlay. Using gel on the natural nail to build strength but not length. You can also build an apex if the nail is too flat.
Enhancements. Creating length by using a tip,and then covering it with gel to provide strength. Also, using a form and sculpting the nail extension. Also try Young Nails videos. Once you decide which gel system you want to use they should provide education on their product.

Last edited:
oh bless you .. you seem so passionate about wanting something more..

i feel for you that you havent had perhaps the best of training.. but then am sure alot of us have also been there at the very start of our careers..

someone else has also mentioned that continued personal development is really crucial to keeping yourself professional.. this means no matter where you are in your career.. the start.. the middle or very seasoned as many are on here.. you need to keep up with training.. skills building, new techniques etc..

try not to confuse yourself altogether with all the aspects of everything if that makes sense.. start yourself from the begininng .. research some of the top brands, CND, Young Nails, Hand and nail harmony, NSI, Crystal Nails, (theres many more).. and see what they offer in the way of courses in your area.. there wil be educators in most areas for many of the top brands..

Do some research into nail disorders/diseases, nail anatomy, correct terminology, as i dont feel you have been covered this in your course.. this will get you a better understanding of what everyone else is taling about, and a better understanding of what you area actually performing on a nail..

research the different types of gels on the market Buff/File off (hard gel), Soak off, gel polishes.. and what type of enhancement it will provide..

sticking a tip on and 3 coats of gel really is not a good result of a course even costing £300..

my advise, start again.. and go from there with a reputable company that will give you that good all round training, education and constant support..

and dont forget we are all here to help, we were all new to the industry at one time ;)

Sarah x

Cor blimey this is quite hard going!

Ok, to the OP you're posts are contradicting so we don't know if you're just practicing on willing friends or are actually practicing/working on unsuspecting members of the public. I think until you get things straight in your head with which products you want to take on, you should maybe just take a step back and concentrate on finding a good gel system you like and training how to use it. You keep going on about "stick on white tips" but you cant do that forever because what will you do at rebalances? It's rotten that you've wasted your money on sub standard training but you can't just think you'll muddle along and just ask bits and bobs on here. The best thing you can do is look into good gel systems and go train with them. Good luck x

Yes... And it is worth the wait. listen to me.

I am sure it will be well worth the wait...but it's not really on topic here.

Could we keep this to constructive, practical advice for the OP please :wink2:

Last edited:
Nails Arrgghhh Nails I can never quote you via clicking quote tab lol sorry ;) I totally see now what you're saying re OP and differing client base numbers etc. My advisor told me that I only needed to contact HMRC once I was working over 16hrs. In jan I will be doing 17hrs as self employed but only working on walk ins mainly (salon just new to nails so slow building up) and despite some weeks earning nothing I know my hours going up means I will need to start the new phase of work said:
Lol that happens to me too!! X

Oh I know, I wasn't correcting you , was just going by what the OP said as her posts are very confusing to understand :D

On the insurance subject I have always been told to get insurance as soon as I start practising or performing on real paying clients. It doesn't matter if I am practising, if I cause someone damage they can still sue me whether it was practice or not. That's how I have always done it but some training companies might be different :/ x x

EDIT- the quote has come up on my post but not when I press send. Stupid thing! My post os for Victoriabar so no one gets confused! X

im not doing anythink dangerous, im purley praticing....everyone has to practice,my friend know im practising,there helping me.and thannk you for the advice on insurance...didnt relise how important it was...will get that asap!how are you ment to learn without practicing can i ask?
thanks and yes to much is an overload,and i dont do overlays...thats where you make the enhancement to the natrual nail isint? thats not what my clients are asking for! and yes i am looking into ferther trainning,but you have to understand where im coming from. its not like i dont care about it and get want money,as i hate those sort of people! im really trying and really care. so please dont get the impression i dont!
thanks

Overlays are using a tip. Whether it be a white, clear or natural tip, they gel is then applied over the nail and tip to create an extension of the nail. Or overlays are on the natural nail without the need for any tip or sculpting use.

Sculpting, when you take a form and you create your own free edge(tip) without the use of any tips.

No one has said you can't practice, you said you have practised for 4 months now and other people have seen your nails so now you have lots of clients, if this is the case then that s why we are telling you to get insurance.

hi, i think you need to calm down and start from the beginning, i realise you have spent lots of money and maybe not had very good training but really you need good products to start and just remember even when you use good products you also have to have a good technique. After looking at the pics in your album it looks like you need some extra 1 on 1 to get these nails looking better, and this is not inn any way being nasty or spiteful just some friendly advice ok. Also you need to look at the type of clients you are attracting as some people may be happy with these nails but a lot of clients would expect a more proffessional standard. I am by no means trying to criticise as i have had similar thing training on short courses, short courses are not the way to go about nails. I am now in college doing my nail tech course i eve a week for 1 year and then i can move on to l3 again doing 1 eve a week, and i have also done 2 short course in gel nails and 1 short course in acrylic , so have spent hundreds on courses but now am doing it the right way.:biggrin:

Thanks.i was so confused about the sculpting.so what gel and what course would you recomend for the type of nails I do mainly just tips,weather its white or natural.and yes 'hopfully ' getting insurance tonight.thanks for your advice.and I know I was very stupid going on that couse .i did my nvq in level 1 with beauty and then was going to do l2 but financial wise I had to get a job as family circumstances happens.but story short
..then wanted to keep going with nails,so whilst working somewhere else went on the course.
Thanks x

would recommend either college or like others have said one of the proffessional courses such as nsi cnd etc, even if it means saving for a while to redo it will be worth it in the end. In the mean time theres no harm in continuing to practice and maybe take a look at how you can improve such as not putting tips to far down nail bed etc:)

Thanks.i was so confused about the sculpting.so what gel and what course would you recomend for the type of nails I do mainly just tips,weather its white or natural.and yes 'hopfully ' getting insurance tonight.thanks for your advice.and I know I was very stupid going on that couse .i did my nvq in level 1 with beauty and then was going to do l2 but financial wise I had to get a job as family circumstances happens.but story short
..then wanted to keep going with nails,so whilst working somewhere else went on the course.
Thanks x

You need to do your research, salon geek can only advise you so much.

You need to do a hard gel course to produce enhancements so whether it be with harmony, nsi, CND you need to get booked in.

As I told you before it is not advised to use White tips with gel as they are opaque and may not cure properly which means service breakdown.
You will need to tip with clear/natural and then use a brush on White to create your White free edge. White tips are no good and you can't use White tips on every client.

I think until you get insurance,training and register yourself with hmrc as a business you need to stop performing on clients or just practise on what you have learnt already. What I have read In all your other threads/posts is that you are performing on clients as a business so you need to work like a business and get theses things in order to cover your back.

Look into courses and get yourself some good training behind you.

Good luck x. X

Latest posts

Back