Help khaki toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splitendz

Reaction score
Hi guys! Ok so I toned a clients hair. She has bleach foil highlights with 6% and i toned with wella 8.1. The toner wasn't even on for 5 minutes as I could see it changing so quickly. Its now a real khaki tone to it? Please help xx

What did the highlights lift to?

Also try toning roots first and watch development like a hawk

What did the highlights lift to?
Highlights lifted to a level 8. Very yellow so i really wasn't expecting for it to take so quickly and have a kahki tinge. Xx

Highlights lifted to a level 8. Very yellow so i really wasn't expecting for it to take so quickly and have a kahki tinge. Xx

Ash is made up of blue and green so I would only expect it to go kahki.

You' should have toned with an 8 violet! Think about it ash is blue so blue and yellow make green!!! Just cleanse it out then out and 8/81 on it x

You' should have toned with an 8 violet! Think about it ash is blue so blue and yellow make green!!! Just cleanse it out then out and 8/81 on it x

So put even more blue on it? Bit confusing.

Op how kahki is it and how dense are the highlights? Cleansing will ruin base colour if there isn't A LOT of highlights. You may have to neutralise.

So put even more blue on it? Bit confusing.

Op how kahki is it and how dense are the highlights? Cleansing will ruin base colour if there isn't A LOT of highlights. You may have to neutralise.
Haha I meant a /6 it's been a long day of blowdrys and lads cuts 7:30-6pm!!!

Latest posts

Back