Help - LA Tan 12% dodgy legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
I sprayed with LA TAn 12% last night - it was a sample but i'd run out of my usual 12% . The client has showered & is complaining of her legs looking like they've been scratched with claws, leaving long white streaks. She's sent photos but i can't really see from the photos but she says its bad. I'm devastated & have advised her to shower again & exfoliate - she says that hasn't worked. I've now advised a bath with baby oil & exfoliate. Any other advice???? I've never had anything like this before. She lives 15 miles away & I'm wondering if there will be any value in me going to her to try to fix this. I've now learnt never to use a sample on a client.

I'm quite a newbie so don't really have any advice, but from your description i think i have experienced a similar thing when tanning my own legs! and that was down to the fact that I'd shaved not long before i tanned my legs as apposed to 24 hours before! maybe it's possible that she did something similar and didn't prep properly especially if the rest of her body is okay

I'm quite a newbie so don't really have any advice, but from your description i think i have experienced a similar thing when tanning my own legs! and that was down to the fact that I'd shaved not long before i tanned my legs as apposed to 24 hours before! maybe it's possible that she did something similar and didn't prep properly especially if the rest of her body is okay

Yes that is a possibility. I rang LA Tan for advice & they said that perhaps she scratched her legs shortly after the tan or perhaps she hadn't fully rinsed off all of the excess tan. She had a baby oil bath & says she's left with a very light tan. She still wants me to tan her in future but only with Nouvatan 12%. I suppose this is fair enough. She didn't want a refund for this so i've said i'll do her next one at a discounted rate. Do you think this sounds fair? x

I sprayed my legs with LA Tan FAST tan, washed off at 2hrs and mine were exactly as you describe. They looked like they had been scratched. BUT I know what did mine...I shaved my legs shortly before spraying, not the night before like I should had.
Could this be the reason why your client looked scratched? Even if she shaved in the morning, and had a tan later in the day..

Im now moving over to waxing my legs as I cant bear the regrowth and not being able to shave it off! lol
xx

I sprayed my legs with LA Tan FAST tan, washed off at 2hrs and mine were exactly as you describe. They looked like they had been scratched. BUT I know what did mine...I shaved my legs shortly before spraying, not the night before like I should had.
Could this be the reason why your client looked scratched? Even if she shaved in the morning, and had a tan later in the day..

Im now moving over to waxing my legs as I cant bear the regrowth and not being able to shave it off! lol
xx

I can't help thinking this is what happened & I've suggested it to her but can't really see her owning up to this. The good news is she wants a new tan on Thurs but is insisting i use Nouvatan 12% as she loved this tan when i did it on her previously.

I think you're being more than reasonable as i really don't think it was down to you or the solution! especially as Caz has also commented about the shaving. Possibly just get back to your client and ask if she followed the prep correctly as after speaking to a few people, they had the same problem when they shaved not long before their tan..you can be subtle about it, and even if she doesn't admit to it, she will make sure she does it right for sure next time so fingers crossed, no more mishaps xx

I can't help thinking this is what happened & I've suggested it to her but can't really see her owning up to this. The good news is she wants a new tan on Thurs but is insisting i use Nouvatan 12% as she loved this tan when i did it on her previously.

she probably didn't realise how important the prep and thought it would be fine..even if she doesnt admit to it, she wont be doing it again im sure :) xx

I have had this happen to me too and discovered it was residue of hair conditioner left on the legs as it comes down your body and leaves trickle marks. Also I always warn folk to make sure that after they shave their legs to make sure they rinse their kegs properly as the moisturising strip on razors leave loads of residue on the skin. This problem has nothing to do with your solution so don't worry xx

Does she use dove shower gel? Heard that isn't very good for tans and can cause them to go streaky x

I sometimes wish clients would understand that us ladies take things really personal when a complaint is made & it knocks our confidence to death. If they did as told & followed all our advice little knick knacks like this wouldn't occur.

Op - it's really nothing you have done. sounds like her lack of prep or lack of after care. X

I'm always really thorough in explaining skin prep but think i will really spell it out about hair conditioner, razor strips etc. She's been ok about it & has booked me for Thurs but has asked how much - i did say i would discount it but am regretting that now. She added that its not my fault & she probably scratched her legs during the night. GRRRRrrrrr.

Thanks for your help, advice & ..... pep talks!!!!!!!

Does she use dove shower gel? Heard that isn't very good for tans and can cause them to go streaky x

i always advise against Dove products. She said she uses a baby wash. Don't know which one though x

Some of the moisturising shower gels and cremes do leave a streaky residue, runs down the legs but I think the shaving thing is probably more likely.

I tanned a friend years ago, had given her all the advice but she shaved just as I was arriving to tan her. She didn't mention this to me, I tanned her and the next day her legs looked like a tabby cat's! Her son blabbed about what she had done. It was interesting to say the least. :wink2:

Some of the moisturising shower gels and cremes do leave a streaky residue, runs down the legs but I think the shaving thing is probably more likely.

I tanned a friend years ago, had given her all the advice but she shaved just as I was arriving to tan her. She didn't mention this to me, I tanned her and the next day her legs looked like a tabby cat's! Her son blabbed about what she had done. It was interesting to say the least. :wink2:

Thanks She, i think this was probably the case. x

Latest posts

Back