Help...Lack of enthusiasm and small room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
Help...I seem to have temporarily lost inspiration for nails!! I am half way through my essential nails airbrush course and have booked my Creative conversion course at Manchester in october. I don't do nails for a full time job and I still live at my parents in a shoebox sized room (unfortunately) and so I don't have the space to have my nail stuff set up all the time.:cry: Everytime I want to practice, I have to get everything out of its box and put it all away again when I've finished. I have also developed an allergy to monomer so I don't practice on my own nails anymore (though I do have my nails done at a salon occasionally). I am suffering from lack of enthusiasm when I get home from working all day. I intended to get in some serious practice before I do my conversion course in October, but have yet to start and time is ticking on. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only person who has a mini sized room at home and is feeling frustrated?

Also, does anyone have any advice on what sort of glue I need to used to stick tips to my nail trainer? My normal nail glue does not seem to work too well and they keep falling off:o .

I wouln't give up. One day you will have your own place and you will be gutted if you pack it all in now! I can sort of imagine how you feel. I live in a shoebox sized flat with my husband who is a fishing addict. With his fishing equipment and all my beauty equipment it can be very cramped and I have to work extra hard to keep everything clean and organised! I am waiting for the day when I take my husbands fishing bag to a clients house and he takes a box of polishes fishing with him! lol! Seriously though, I know that one day we will have a house and I can have studio dedicated to my work and he can he live in a shed at the end of the garden (one can hope!) and I'll know that it was all worth it!
As for the nail trainer glue, a special glue came with my nail trainer, I think the Essential Nails website will sell the accessories for it...
Hope this helps!

can only help with your glue question.
ring essential nails as they do special glue for the nail trainer.
it is fast setting if you use normal nail tip glue it sets really really slowly on the nail trainer

I totally sympathise, I live in a tiny 1 bed flat so have my huge nail (tool) box in the living room which I have found doubles up as a really comfortable foot rest. I have to keep my beauty couch at my parents house and my nail table at my boyfriends. I just live in hope of winning the lottery!!!

Molly

Its a nightmare isn't it! I can't even park outside my own flat as we get clamped (dont ask, long story!) so it means parking 300 yrds round the corner and doing trips to and fro to load my car up and then doing it all over again when I get back from my clients as I don't want to leave all my equipment in the car. I too sometimes end up leaving stuff round my parents as they are only just round the corner and at least I can park outside and unload my car at their house! As I said it is a nightmare, and when I am doing it it does annoy me, but I will not give up as I know one day it will be worth it! (I hope!) Plus I think of all the calories I must burn doing all these trips to and fro!! Thats gotta be worth it! Lol!!!

hi just think the money you are savin living at your parents i have a house still no room for all my beauty and nail collection lol

Hi Julieanne,

I think you just need some positive thinking!

Working in a small space may be just the right practise you need if you ever decide to go mobile! You will need to pack and unpack your equipment and products at every booking. To be able to lay your products out neatly and eficiently is essential to keep your time and costs to a minimum. And clients don't always have lovely big rooms to work in.

How about getting yourself a nice cosmetic case? You can pick them up not too expensively. I got mine from Muji and I think SuperDrug do one too. Get one that will allow you to store your monomer and/or gels upright safely, then whenever you want to practise you consider it the same as seeing a client in their own home. If you keep all your products neatly stored you have the added bonus of always being ready if you get asked to do a last minute manicure!

As for the adhesive - don't forget there is no natural body heat from the nail trainer to help bond the tip to the nail so you will need to hold the tip in place a little longer than usual. You'll also find if the nail isn't filed to exactly the same shape as the well of the nail tip the tip will also be forced off.

Have another go - I'm sure you'll get there soon!

Best wishes,

Karen

Hey thanks for the replies!! I am looking at moving out so that I have more space but finding somewhere I can afford is proving very difficult! I have my aluminium nail case (tool box from b & q!), a large vanity case with all my airbrush paints and stencils in plus a small case with nailart, not to mention my essential nails airbrush kit with compressor in a box! Its a lot to cram into a box room which is only as wide as my bed! I don't have the space in my room for a table, so I end up working on my bed. So far I've managed not to spill monomer everywhere, but I had a bit of an accident with some red airbrush paint and my duvet cover !!

My parents go away on holiday today for two weeks, so I think I'll take over the kitchen table with my nail stuff! I will be able to leave it out and practice each night without the hassle of having to put it all away again. I can feel a wave of enthusiasm coming on!! Cheers!:)

you should get yourself one of those high up beds with a desk underneath! lol, at least you would have room for all your stuff under the bed then....

You could try using Gel Bond instead of adhesive. Gel bond is thicker and so is easier to use with the nail trainer .....and it is not as expensive as buying from Essential Nails.

If I remember correctly adhesive (runny glue!!!) is set by body heat whereas gel bond (thick jelly stuff!!!) is pressure set.

HTH :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back