Help, landlord problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretchin1

Reaction score
My salon is 10 years old, my landlord has in the last 3 years rented next door out as a micro pub, last month they fitted a pizza oven. The smoke comes in my salon and its really bad, we had to close one night due to it. I spoke to my landlord who owns both properties and he said it's none of his business. And to take it up with the pub. The pub have altered the pipe 4 times and it is still really bad, my landlord said I have no rights and he has no intrest in changing it. Obviously carnt run a salon in those conditions as its not fair on staff or clients. I dont want to close as 10 years is a long time and I love my shop. Any advice would be great.

Give Environmental Health at your District Council a ring for advice?
Certainly if there is any planning permission / change of use involved, smells, gases and fumes are always considered by the EHO.
Worth a phone call I think.

Give Environmental Health at your District Council a ring for advice?
Certainly if there is any planning permission / change of use involved, smells, gases and fumes are always considered by the EHO.
Worth a phone call I think.
Thank you I will do that 😊

Latest posts

Back