Help, lash training disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caoimhe C

Reaction score
Hi I need some help. In December I paid my boss 499chf (I am in Switzerland) for lash extension training. So basically she sent me a « link » to her online training page which was just YouTube videos of (not her work) doing lash extensions. The day of the training she asked me to bring a model who paid 40chf for the pleasure. So she more or less showed me in about 15-20 minutes how to lash. She told me to choose lash lengths that are a few millimeters longer than the clients natural lashes. She said that when isolating it didn’t matter if there were other lashes as I just had to attach it to one lash. Not at any moment did she tell me how to apply glue. After she showed me how to do it she just let me lash that person without real supervision. I have been lashing « models » since then without supervision in relation to any of my work and they have to pay. So as you can imagine I am really not happy and I am worried that if I say something I will lose my job. So after all that money and effort I still don’t know how to lash! I try as best to isolate properly but I am not satisfied with the end result. My boss told me that normally we only do about 15 lashes on each eye to make it natural looking. It’s about all I can manage in 2 hours anyway. Now she wants me to do it in 1.5 hours. Also most of her supplies are bought on Wish. Was not taught anything about glue re: humidity etc.. Feeling really deflated and not seeing any progression. There were red flags before - she never does any lash work. Today she asked me to contact a client I had yesterday that was not happy with the amount of lashes. I asked her if it would not be best that she rectify the problem seeing as she is the qualifier technician. She said she wanted me to do it so the client understands that we will rectify problems but she is getting the treatment half-price. Rant over!
I have now booked 1:1 mentoring for April with LAE. My question to you experienced lash artists is what should I expect from a real lash trainer. Thanks for your help. Caoimhe

Latest posts

Back