HELP!!!! major!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laniebear21

Reaction score
ok here's the deal. i dyed my hair temporarily black about 2 weeks ago(i used to have blonde hair). well, i didn't know that the temporarily part wouldn't be so temporary.

does anyone know of a shampoo that helps your hair grow faster? or anything along the lines. i have asked people how i could take the dye out, but everyone told me the best thing to do is let my hair grow out because i would damage my hair trying any other method.

second: i ran out of conditioner, so i used the Natural instincts color conditional treatment that came in the box with the hair dye, and ever since then my hair has been greasy...even immidiately after being washed! what do i do?

I'm not a hair geek but I would say you need to go to a professional, I wouldn't attempt to re-dye the hair.

By showing them you're hair they will know what to do to lift it back to its origional colour xx

have you thought of ging to a reputable hair salon which have training nights, my daughter has just finished her training and always jumped at the chance of learning how to solve hair colour problems, under the close supervision of a trainer. You would probably be charged but no were like full price. Hope you get it sorted.

i'm more concerned about fixing my greasy hair right now. i am just going to let my hair grow back out to get rid of the color.

definatly go to a hairdresser ! i have to dye my hair all the time as i went grey at 17 (boohooo) but when i went black if i used shampoos like head and shoulders it tended to take the colour out quicker and to be honest the more you wash it the quicker the colour will fade but being blond to black i think it can take quite a while hopefully the professionals here can help just thought i would tell you what happens with me !

Head & Shoulders will strip the colour out. If the colour you used was a temporary colour then it will eventually come out, it's not like a permanent colour therefore you won't have to wait for your hair to grow!?...probably take longer as you dyed it black. Good luck!!!

have you thought of ging to a reputable hair salon which have training nights, my daughter has just finished her training and always jumped at the chance of learning how to solve hair colour problems, under the close supervision of a trainer. You would probably be charged but no were like full price. Hope you get it sorted.

What a great idea , trainees need to do their colour correction,
plus they will have far more colour knowledge than you yourself have,
and they really do have top supervision as mentioned above it would be well worth it ,
they could probably get most of the black out of it with a colour reducer at the back wash ,
do let us know how you go on ?
:hug: x good luck x minky

Also here is something from an older thread that will rid your greasy build up

What I have done for many years is use Bicarbonate of soda. The one that you can cook with and put in your fridge to absorb odors..

the forumula is 1 tsp bi carb soda to 1 c warm water. Wet hair down, pour solution over hair and rub it thru your hair like you are shampooing for about 1 minute. Make sure you pay attention to the top of your head (this is where everyone globs on the hair products and hairspray) then rinse really well. Shampoo with your normal professional hair care shampoo ( will only need just a tiny bit) rinse then condition as normal.
I do this once a month.

Last edited:
VOSENE, I have two of my mates do a DIY job at home and then wished they hadnt. I saw the results that Vosene did and it got rid of the colour pretty damn quick and kept the hair shiny. Hope that helps. x

ok here's the deal. i dyed my hair temporarily black about 2 weeks ago(i used to have blonde hair). well, i didn't know that the temporarily part wouldn't be so temporary.

does anyone know of a shampoo that helps your hair grow faster? or anything along the lines. i have asked people how i could take the dye out, but everyone told me the best thing to do is let my hair grow out because i would damage my hair trying any other method.

second: i ran out of conditioner, so i used the Natural instincts color conditional treatment that came in the box with the hair dye, and ever since then my hair has been greasy...even immidiately after being washed! what do i do?

Hi, I'm not a hair geek, but I dyed my hair jet black for probably fifteen years and didnt want to grow it out (and have a nice ring around my head) so just kept dyeing it. Last year I had decided enough was enough, told my hairdresser that I really wanted to start going lighter. He started by putting a few highlights in my hair (took a lifetime it felt to lift the colour !) and then more the next time and the next time etc. My hair is light brown now (look at my photos on my profile) and seriously it was jet black this time last year. Dont flap, just have a word with your hairdresser, whatever you do dont try to dye it back yourself. Unfortunately the semi-perm colours are more perm, found that out myself !! :eek: Good luck :hug:

hi use the vosene a few times then put lemon all over your hair with a bag on it or shower cap that will help .

Hi

I have blonde hair and dyed mine black once! It lasted about 4 months until I decided I wanted to be blonde again. You can buy a stripping solution from Boots which strips the colour from the hair, but I would not recommend this... I ended up with bleached roots, red, orange and black hair! It was mess.

I went to the hair dressers and they continued to bleach my hair until it was blonde. However, this took 3 lots of bleach and it damaged my hair. I went from having straight hair to curly hair! But... the black was out. I just had to keep using a deep conditioner and sometimes I would leave a hair mask on over night to really soak in.

Good luck.. hope that helps.:)

as a girl who has many greys and has to dye her hair all the time i can definatly vouch for vosene as one that stripps colour but it does leave it glossy (but grey) lol

Hate to say it but black is THE worst colour for getting rid of no matter how tempory the colour states it is. semi permanent colours never seem to be true semi's, u always seem to get an amount of root where it holds on rather then washing out although it does fade more then permanents. it also depends on the porousity of your hair.

id suggest using a clarifying shampoo to help strip out the colour, and as for the greasiness from the conditioner. how many times do u wash your hair? unless u have a problem with naturally oily hair try not to wash it everyday. ur stripping ur natural oils and so your scalp produces more to combat this. why not try only putting it through mid lengths and ends?? if u constantly play with ur hair you will be spreading the sebum down the lengths causing it to get greasier quicker. also the conditioner may just be too heavy for your hair id suggest you go and buy your normal one again if that was fine before.

hth

Latest posts

Back