Help me find this polish please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
My sister has asked me to recreate a design for her that she has seen but both my local wholesalers don't stock the polish I'm
Looking for, it's an opi matte black I've been told its called black onyx, does anyone know where will be the best place to get hold of it ?

OPI changed the name "Black Onyx" to "Lady in Black" a few years ago. I always had it but never in matt. The matt colours were in the Suede collection.

Could you not just use the Lady in black colour and then use a matt polish over the top? xx

I have OPI Gelcolor in Black Onyx which I love. You can always purchase a matte top coat, Essie makes a good one. You can a achieve a matte look with gel polish too. Just apply your base, cure. Apply 2 coats of color, curing in between each coat, apply top coat and cure. Repeat top coat and cure. Remove sticky layer and file the top with a white buffing block. There you have your matte finish. Accent the matte by doing art in top coat, smooth and shiny!

This is the affect that my sister wants me to do. From what the blogg said that she sent me its matte black with konad printed with gloss

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335161976.193384.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335161976.193384.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 155
Right on 2nd thoughts after looking closely at the photo I posted there holding china glaze matte magic so I take it they have used standard black ,matte Magic then normal gloss for the konad print ?

This is the affect that my sister wants me to do. From what the blogg said that she sent me its matte black with konad printed with gloss

Love this, it looks like that's a china glaze matte polish in which case sallys probably do it

Lol you beat me to it

I just wanted to say love the design! I've just ordered a matte top coat can't wait to play! I couldn't find mine so ordered from eBay! Xx

I am sure I have seen this done on utube and they used a matt top coat x

Latest posts

Back