Help me I'm getting bored!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
We are days away from agreeing a completion date for our new house in Hertfordshire (where I'm from) and my plan is to set up a home salon once we move. In the meantime we are in North Somerset and I'm literally waiting to move and get started. As we might only be here three or four weeks I feel there is no point advertising and leaflet dropping to build a client base as obviously cannot take them with me. But in the meantime other than practising on myself and the hubby, I haven't got much else to do.

Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the time off and relax but I can't help it I'm getting so bored!

Any suggestions or exciting ideas to keep me busy for the next couple weeks?

Meira Xx

Could you make a start with a Facebook/twitter accounts, website etc...
What do you offer? Could you do before & after pictures for a portfolio?

Could you make a start with designing leaflets & business cards? Price lists?

Do you have a business mobile? Or an old phone where you could buy a new sim to put in?

Have you built up your kit or could you do with finding a few more things?

Take notes from Lynne's more ways to promote your business thread & plan to put them in action for example get all your contacts & a draught set up?

Or relax 😊 or start xmas shopping...
Xx

We are days away from agreeing a completion date for our new house in Hertfordshire (where I'm from) and my plan is to set up a home salon once we move. In the meantime we are in North Somerset and I'm literally waiting to move and get started. As we might only be here three or four weeks I feel there is no point advertising and leaflet dropping to build a client base as obviously cannot take them with me. But in the meantime other than practising on myself and the hubby, I haven't got much else to do.

Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the time off and relax but I can't help it I'm getting so bored!

Any suggestions or exciting ideas to keep me busy for the next couple weeks?

Meira Xx

Enjoy the time off! Haha or come drink coffee (or cocktails) with me!! No seriously your going to be so busy once you've set up that you'll wish you took the time off to relax now! You can practice things on me too if you get really bored if you like! We could have a little pamper night before I hit the Christmas rush & you move or something! Or you can come an do some work with me lol!! Xxxxx

Could you make a start with a Facebook/twitter accounts, website etc...
What do you offer? Could you do before & after pictures for a portfolio?

Could you make a start with designing leaflets & business cards? Price lists?

Do you have a business mobile? Or an old phone where you could buy a new sim to put in?

Have you built up your kit or could you do with finding a few more things?

Take notes from Lynne's more ways to promote your business thread & plan to put them in action for example get all your contacts & a draught set up?

Or relax 😊 or start xmas shopping...
Xx

Thanks Steph re looking for more things to buy, I have a lovely imaginary S2 basket filled with unnecessary fun things but trying to tell myself I don't need the extra bits until I've started working.

I have literally done everything else you have mentioned already in preparation. I am super organised lol!

Enjoy the time off! Haha or come drink coffee (or cocktails) with me!! No seriously your going to be so busy once you've set up that you'll wish you took the time off to relax now! You can practice things on me too if you get really bored if you like! We could have a little pamper night before I hit the Christmas rush & you move or something! Or you can come an do some work with me lol!! Xxxxx

Sounds great Fay, I'm going to message you tomorrow xxx

Latest posts

Back