Help me pick a training route

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBJ

Reaction score
OK, so I have been trying very hard to do my research and I have two pathways currently available to me and I would like advice on which to go for. Dates and cost only vary a little so don't think about that.
Beginner so would like to do a manicure certification first to open up further courses.

Option 1:
Nail Harmony Manicure Course (Guild accredited)
Sweet Squared Shellac Beginners
Sweet Squared CND L&P Beginners
Sweet Squared CND Brisa Gel

Option 2:
The Beauty Academy Level 2 Diploma in Nail Technology (BABTAC accredited)
  • Health, safety & hygiene
  • Consultation techniques
  • Contraindications
  • Manicure and Pedicure
  • Luxury Manicure and Pedicure
  • UV Gel Nail Extensions
  • Acrylic Nail Extensions
  • Aftercare advice
Sweet Squared Shellac Beginners
Sweet Squared L&P Conversion
Sweet Squared Brisa Gel Conversion

I really like the sound of Sweet Squared but can't find a manicure course to get me started. I also would like to do the extra bits (Perfect French etc) to make sure I'm doing a good job but as a basic package how do those sound? Any experience with the courses? Any glaring mistakes/barriers that you can spot through experience?

Bump - anyone?

Either sounds great, I'm surprised S2 don't have a beginners manicure, they certainly used to hold one, maybe give them a call to check. They haveva beginner pedicure so its odd no manicure, I'm wondering if its called something else or missed from the brochure.

Its one of the most comprehensive and clearly planned strategies I've seen in here, i suspect you will do well and wish you all the best luck

If we can help please post

Either sounds great, I'm surprised S2 don't have a beginners manicure, they certainly used to hold one, maybe give them a call to check. They haveva beginner pedicure so its odd no manicure, I'm wondering if its called something else or missed from the brochure.

Its one of the most comprehensive and clearly planned strategies I've seen in here, i suspect you will do well and wish you all the best luck

If we can help please post

I've checked the brochure and the website but I couldn't find one...
I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I've checked the brochure and the website but I couldn't find one...
I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I know, I checked too before replying to you. Its very odd. If they don't do one any more ask who they recommend, to protect their brand they are pretty tight about pre-existing training.

Sweet Squared all the way! They do a spa manicure course which is what you're after :) you can also start the Shellac beginners without having done a manicure course beforehand

The manicure course is called Spa Manicure featuring the natural nail care clinic :)

If you do the Shellac beginners course first and then the spa manicure course that will be everything you need to get you started with natural nails :)

Then you can start to earn a little money and put it towards other courses :)

This is similar to my approach however, I am doing all of mine through S2. When's your course and where? I'll be doing mine in Manchester

The only Spa Manicure I can find in the brochure and the website is 'CND™ SPA MANICURE FT. RESCUERXX NATURAL NAIL CLINIC' but that says you need an existing manicure certificate! I have emailed them anyway to ask about which route would be best or if they can offer the manicure course. I'll post in here when I have an answer in case it is useful to anyone else.

Actually, maybe I am wrong; it says you need a manicure OR shellac qualification so maybe I could do Sweetsquared Shellac and then the Manicure? Guess I will know soon!

The only Spa Manicure I can find in the brochure and the website is 'CND™ SPA MANICURE FT. RESCUERXX NATURAL NAIL CLINIC' but that says you need an existing manicure certificate! I have emailed them anyway to ask about which route would be best or if they can offer the manicure course. I'll post in here when I have an answer in case it is useful to anyone else.

It's because you do the Shellac beginners first and then the Spa Manicure course x

Latest posts

Back