Help Me Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all - i need abit of advice.:| ive done a set of natural overlays on a client that has never had a problem with my nails before but she has just rang me to say that the nails are seperating of her own nails. why is this please? could it be that the ratio was too wet? i am going back to her to sort them out and i would like to beable to explain why this has happened.

all help greatly appreciated.

im not experienced enough as of yet to advice, but i thought i would back it up, i had a problem with my mums nails when i did a gel overlay. they all satarted to come off at the tips on her right hand. i was so miffed! I did them at my mums shop, i found out, that when i went off to the loo (i had just done prep) she decided to have a fag!!!! Lucky all my products were in my box still, as because there wasn't much room i didn't get it all out!

Please - Someone Must Know The Solution To My Problem

Hi Glynis,

Sorry to hear the overlays didn't work out :sad: !! Firstly, what system are you using and what steps did you take to prep the nail before applying the overlay?

Hi Glynnis,

MOre information is needed as to what system you used, condition of her natural nails, etc. Presumabbly your prep is not normally a problem but need to know more.

hi geeg

i use creative retention+, her nails usually take to the extensions without a problem, she normally has tip and overlay, but since her own nails have grown so much she decided she didnt want the tip on - just a natural overlay. i done the usual prep and made sure her nails were spotlesss clean before i applied the acrylic, but she rang the next day to tell me what had happened, like i said before, there has never been a problem with the nails (she usually boasts how long they stay on). im at a total loss with this one

glynis i have pm;d you... had the same problem....

Hi

Do you mean separating at the free edge?

If so did you put a form on the nails when you overlay-ed and slightly extend the enhancement?

You need to do this and so form a "seal" over the free edge, otherwise the natural nails flex's too much and this is one of the reasons you get separation.
Make sure your client isn't filing her own nails to or cleaning aggressively under them. :rolleyes: as they do!
HTH

yea... A common problem with natural nail overlays has to do with shrinkage.
When people overlay natural nails, they often end up wetter along the free edge... the wetter the mix... the more the shrinkage. If you do not 'cap' the nail during an overlay and you get excessive shrinkage, the product can shrink away from the natural nail plate leading to a bummer :(

Hope this helps :D

thanks guys - that must be the prob then. i obviously didnt cap them enough. ive been back to her and she has now had her own nails cut down and tips re-applied.
thanks guys

Latest posts

Back