Help me quit my job geeks!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some geek dutch courage. I've been offered another office job which I really want to take, I hate my current job I aren't getting anywhere here at all.

Trouble is I daren't go tell them I want to leave!!! 2 people have given notice this month already and I know they are going to try and talk me into staying as there are now only 6 of us. I really can't face listening to them trying to talk me into staying in a job I hate.

Any ideas geeks?

Just tell 'em hun! I think it speaks volumes that everyone is leaving and that, after all, is their problem not yours.

Put it in writing that you have been offered a position with better prospects and it's an opportunity you can't afford to turn down. If they try and talk you in to staying, tell them your mind is made up.

Be strong lovey!:hug:

:eek: I'm a scaredy cat:lol::lol:

Thinking of you, but hun you really need to bite the bullet & just tell them!! It will be such a relief once you have, that all this stress will seem like nothing!!!! :hug: I know it will be hard but well worth it in the end, you can do it!!!!!!! :hug:

:eek: I'm a scaredy cat:lol::lol:

Big girl's blouse!:lol::rolleyes::lol:

I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think. You just have to remember to stick to your guns. Go on, you can do it!

You need to stop thinking about them and think about you... if you stay you stay unhappy and they won't think anymore of you, all business's have staff turnover problems thats for them to worry about... you have to look after yourself hun no one else will :hug:!!! Be Brave :)

How honest would you be though to kibosh any thoughts they may have of trying to get me to stay. TBH I just want them to say thanks see you later and that be it!! Is it too brutal to say look I've come to the end of the road here, I don't have anything left to offer you and you don't have anything left for me, its time for me to move on?

If I was being really brutal I could say look I hate this job and most of the people here, most days I just do the bare minimum I can get away with and then geek/look on ebay all day and try and remember what its like to have a proper job:lol::lol::lol:

Just write out a quick notice letter (if you have to give notice), and because its Monday - the start of the week. Hand it to them today.

Just do it, after all what can they do? They aint going to sack you! or even KILL you!!

New week , new start, new job, new found happinness, new everything.

Go on do it now!! Its your life and your future, and you have been offered the new job, so grab it and get outta there whilst you can . Otherwise you may not get the opportunity again.
If you don't take the new job - someone else will!!!!:!:

Hope thats given you some incentive.

Good Luck hun.

p.s go on, what are you waiting for - DO IT.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug::hug::hug::hug:

How honest would you be though to kibosh any thoughts they may have of trying to get me to stay. TBH I just want them to say thanks see you later and that be it!! Is it too brutal to say look I've come to the end of the road here, I don't have anything left to offer you and you don't have anything left for me, its time for me to move on?

If I was being really brutal I could say look I hate this job and most of the people here, most days I just do the bare minimum I can get away with and then geek/look on ebay all day and try and remember what its like to have a proper job:lol::lol::lol:

Blimey, that sounds familiar!:green: Just re-word what you've said here. "I feel the need for a new challenge and don't think I'm going to find that here", or something like that. Also, it is more common now for people to change jobs every few years than it is too stay for the length of your career. Employers expect this. Guess who's been talking to a recruitment consultant?:lol:

Are you entitled to any holiday left?. If so and you want to leave quick, ask for your holiday to start from whenever....and write a letter explaining that you have reached as far as you can in this position, have been aproached by another company, there is talk of developing your career which you are keen to do and with effect would like to finish on....what ever day......bang would go the reference, but if you dont need one and you feel you have nothing to lose but everything to gain ...go for it. I must add I dont know your situation, I had something similar happen to me and I knew I was owed holidays, worked till the end of the week and took the notice period as holiday!
If people are leaving a ship there is usually stuff going on....dont be part of the sinking because your reputation could go with it!!(just a thought)

P.S
You could always go and get one of those Flu jabs:)(guaranteed to make you ill for 6 weeks) hand your notice in then!

P.S
You could always go and get one of those Flu jabs:)(guaranteed to make you ill for 6 weeks) hand your notice in then!

:green:
I think I'd rather have a holiday!:eek:

You know what hun, you're the same as me!! I have to pluck up the courage to resign to do nails full time pretty soon, and whilst I'm an uber-confident person most of the time, I just know I will crack once I'm in the office handing my notice in.
If I were you, lie to them!! Tell them that its for personal reasons/family problems/you've met a millionaire and dont need the money any more etc, something that they cant change your mind on. thats what I'm gonna do, I know I should be brave and tell them I'm starting my new venture, but its ingrained into my head that these are my bosses and I cant tell them I'm going elsewhere. I'll probably end up telling them I'm leaving to look after the kids full time or something!

Good luck, let us know how it goes :D

God it was awful, everything I was dreading happened:eek::eek: This company is on the up, you are an integral part of this business, blah blah blah. We'll do this, that and the other blah, blah, blah. For some reason the fact his wifes just got a Range Rover sport was supposed to make me want to stay, he gets stressed too (durr its your business) and basically hes not accepting my resignation.:eek:

Anyway as my mum says it doesn't matter whether he accepts it, you have given him it and thats that.

God it was awful, everything I was dreading happened:eek::eek: This company is on the up, you are an integral part of this business, blah blah blah. We'll do this, that and the other blah, blah, blah. For some reason the fact his wifes just got a Range Rover sport was supposed to make me want to stay, he gets stressed too (durr its your business) and basically hes not accepting my resignation.:eek:

Anyway as my mum says it doesn't matter whether he accepts it, you have given him it and thats that.

Does that mean you just leave anyway? Does he not have to accept it?

Well I don't actually know tbh. I don't suppose theres any benefit from a bosses point of view in keeping staff at a firm they don't want to work at.

Well he can't actually physically stop you from leaving, but I guess it would depend on your contract as to how you would stand legally.

Ha!! Who does he think he is???? He cannot refuse to accept your resignation!!!! Be strong now hun. Fair enough I can understand the anxiety behind having to hand your notice in, but for him to then say he wont accept it..........rubbish!!!!
In your contract of employment, I assume you have one, it should detail the provisions for ending your contract of employment, length of notice required etc. If you stick to that there's not a THING he can do to stop you leaving and if he tries eg witholds any payment, just you take him right to the Employment Tribunal young lady!!!!
Bleedin unreasonable employers, they get right on my nerves!!!!!!!
Keep us posted on how this develops!

Latest posts

Back