Help me sort out this colour, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Client has nat base 6, 40% grey hair. Hair very resistant and wirery.
Did her tint last time and used half 6/0 and half 7/7 and 2 inches 7/75 Wella Koleston perfect.(6%)
She was happy with colour and would def not like it any darker but really liked it. All good :0) However the ends have faded up to a horrible brassy goldy colour (5 weeks later).
I'm due to do it again next week and she said she would like a few coppery highlights through it this time.
Just wondering whats the best way to approach this?
Should I prelighten with 10 vol first and then put col touch 7/43 over?
Will this not fade very fast if her hair inclined to fade anyway?
Any advice please?
Thanks a mil x

What's her home care? She needs colour care shampoo, conditioner, maybe change your 6/0 to 77/0 ?

Thanks Blue :0)
She uses Redken shampoo and conditioner.
Funny I was thinking about using 77/0 for better grey coverage alright but still think I would need maybe quarter base 6 just to stop it from going too light.
If her hair is blowdried in salon colour is lovely but when she does it herself without using ghds, its brassy!

So mix half 77/0 with half 66/0

Thanks, yep I'll try that.
What would you do for the few copper highlights she would like?
Sorry, I'm pushing it here:o but she's lovely and I sooo want her hair to be right.
xxx

Just thought I'd update, I used exactly 30ml 6/0 and 30mls 77/0, 60mls 6%
(I didn't have 66/0)
Colour lovely apart from top crown section where it didn't cover grey fully and even though I mixed tint in bowl with 10mls warm water to put on ends after 15 mins, it was still faded looking :0(
I am going to do something with it on Friday morning, not sure what yet :?:
going slowly mad with this one.....:0)))

Latest posts

Back