help me with my whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
help me with my whites pleeeease :cry: i'm feeling realy demoralised at the moment,after working for over 12 months with my beloved tammy taylor acrylic, the salon i work in has changed owner and wants me to use creative.i'm perfectly agreable to this as i know its a quality product. i've done my conversion about 4 weeks ago and i like the product and am getting good no lift results. but, i'm struggling with my whites. i even know what my problem is., but try as i might i cant seem to solve it. im getting problems with grey looking white. this is most apparent with the gentle white, but also pretty bad with the brighter white. i know i need a dryer ratio to help with this, but its then setting faster than i can cope with in this hot weather.the worst problems are when i rebalance, as my new whites are never the same colour as the original ones. i wish that r+ monomer was not purple so it would be a bit more forgiving until i am used to it. would i be better using one of the other monomers or powders in the creative range for my tip area for now until my technique improves and the weather cools down a bit .this has knocked my confidence a bit cos i was getting great results with my tammy taylor and now i feel like a new girl again.[ well as new as a 39 year old can feel ! :lol: ]

come on guys, i did say pleeeeease ! :sad:

I would say practice your ratio and then practice your tips, to get used to the workings of R+, it is a brill system...............
The first time I used R+ was last year in the heated summer in Spain, it took some getting used to, but with practice I finaly got there................
Practicing your bead sizes helps a great deal...............
Then practicing on old tips is a must if you are struggling with application speed and timing....................

If you are getting the blue tint of death on your whites, then you are working to wet(but you know that lol) . Remember, the belly of your brush holds enough liquid to keep your bead warm............there is no need to have a dripping wet brush to keep the bead soft and workable..........use the flag to press and the belly to keep the acrylic moist.............
If you are pressing with the belly of the brush after bead placement, then you are injecting all your liquid into that bead...premature moisturisation lol, now there is a new phrase lol......................
Also don't wipe your brush until you have finished the bead........... wiping in between drys out the belly and this means you dont have enough liquid to keep the bead warm and finish the zone application smoothly..................

The best thing is call the technical help line at Leeds and speak to one of their advisers...............
they will be able to help you with spot on advice............0113 275 5719
HTH just a little bit

Latest posts

Back