Help - mobile storage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaH

Reaction score
Help.......

Sorry, I have spent ages trawling through forum posts looking for some inspiration with regard to mobile storage ideas for all my nail tech equipment but am still none the wiser!

I am a part time mobile nail tech so am looking for a storage solution on a budget.
I am looking for something that will enable me to store all my equipment, I am currently carrying my lamp around in a tote bag with towels and have 2 beauty boxes that I store my NSI Balance Gels, IBD Just Gel Polishes, Wipes, Nail Art, Nail Tips Liquids etc in which has sufficed however I have just ordered another 26 new IBD Just Gel colours and I know when these arrive I will not be able to fit them in my cases!

I am mobile so can't get another case (I have no more hands)
I am also wanting something that will keep the gels upright and something that will go in the boot of the car without tipping everything upside down in the car (I dont have a particularly practical car so cant put on back seats etc and from looking at the trolleys that are available I cannot see how everything inside wouldnt just tip on its upside down the minute I lie it flat in the boot!?

Any advise or info on what you other mobile techs use would be much appreciated, I don't want to spend a fortune on a trolley to find that it doesnt fit my needs and I have to re-organise everything the minute I lie it down.

I use the BioSculpture trolley. It has pull out drawers with separators to keep gel pots in place and upright, I have a 2 seater convertible and it fits standing up right in my boot, very rarely does it fall over! What car do you have?

I also have a 2 seater convertible!
Do you have bottles of polish or are they pots? (I have a combo of both but the Just Gel Polish is what I am most concerned about as have so many of them to carry around now so need compartments that are deep enough to accomodate them as well as not give them too much room to tip over!
Havent seen the biosculpture one so will take a look at that, thanks!
Do you keep your lamp in it too?

Aww what do you drive? I've got a vauxhall tigra.

I have normal nail polish which I just lay down. I honestly don't know if it would be deep enough to keep them in place, but there is a much deeper compartment at the bottom for creams etc and you could maybe pack them in the bottom? I can upload some pics of the inside of mine if you want. Yes there's a brill compartment in the top which I can fit 2 bio lamps in plus towels and extension lead on top xx

Ps.. Check out roo beauty cases, they do a nail varnish bag that keeps them upright xx

Its a 207cc - highly impractical when I consider the mobile nail business :D

Oh yes if you could please upload photo that would be great! I have been looking at the 2 and 3 tier trolleys but just have in my mind that to put them in car you must have to lie them down and then all hell breaks loose inside the case and everything ends up a jumbled mess! I dont know if this is right as am sure others must use them - just interested to hear how people cart their stuff around!

I have looked but unsure how I would get hold of a biosculpture trolley tho which is the other spanner in the works! :sad:

Opi do a (varnish)case but it's £100+ ... Xxx

They come up on eBay sometimes, my boot is quite deep luckily so I can stand it up.not sure what yours is like!! Ill take some pics tomorrow and upload for you xx

Ps. If you mean the metal trolleys then I have a friend who has one and puts in on the back seat. Obviosuly not an option for us but I do sometimes use the footwell in my passenger seat if I haven't for the massage bed in there too... Totally impractical but worth it in the summer /)

Sorry for delay, have had a busy couple of days xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365670199.334005.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365670199.334005.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 496
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365670258.185352.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365670258.185352.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,086
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365670340.784022.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365670340.784022.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 325
Thanks for that EmJ, I will have to measure my boot and see if I can find dimensions of those drawers to see if the gel polish will stand up but otherwise it looks ideal! Just need to see if I can find one now though :eek:

Latest posts

Back