HELP!! My acrylic is filing off at the bottom????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsnailamilo

Reaction score
Help, I am doing my nails and the acrylic at zone 3 just keeps filing off, I am at a lost anyone??? did have a look on the forum but could not find anything??? Thanks Dee xx

maybe to do with the preo, are u getting all the cuticle and other oils off the plate first? also, do u need a new brush i had that prob,got a new brush and it stopped x x x

Hi, I have gone through my prep and all is good, I think I will give double wipe and see if it is still the same. I have 3 brushes and all keep doing the same??? it is with all my powders, so I would say prep too??? at a loses

Perhaps you are applying it and brushing it forward and removing most of it or making it patchy and uneven in zone 3.

Your profile says you have been doing nails for about a year. This should really not be happening. I suggest a 121 with an eductor to watch how you are working. It is really a futile excercise to ask on a web site when peeps can't actually see what you are doing. Not all problems are down to prep.

Do you run a business or just do part time nails? How many clients would you say you see in a week?

Hi, I am trying to start up, been mobile and at the moment have about 3-4 customers a week, love my work put are all friends and family, this has only just started to happen, I have no confidence in my work at all and I alway nook my self down, I could do with a 121 you are right:hug:xx

Maybe try working a little drier than you are at the moment in that zone and dont forget to press it into position, before smoothing into z2. Also, try using a higher grit (smoother) file when refining, this might help too.

This kept happening to me a while back. It was because I was working too wet - so I was putting my product in z3 and then pulling it out of z3 into z2.

With the weather change, you might find that your ratio just needs adjusting slightly - It is something that everyone has to do - and the fact that you are mobile (like me) means that you can never be sure of how hot or cold an environment you will be working in! So don't let this knock your confidence!!!

These are just ideas. Best to speak with your educator.

Well I m here on site so use me and abuse me as you wish. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it with a little discussion.

You are lacking confidence because you are not seeing enough people or doing enough nails. Best way is to jump into the business with both feet but I see you areone busy lady with 4 children ... still ... so was I when I started so it can be done. :hug:

Thanks you are so right, :) I am will try not to work so wet in zone 3 today, will report back, I will take you up on the offer of using and abusing you, thank you again, chin up and forward we go:hug:xx

Thanks you are so right, :) I am will try not to work so wet in zone 3 today, will report back, I will take you up on the offer of using and abusing you, thank you again, chin up and forward we go:hug:xx

Good luck!

Is t possible that you are working much quicker now you have been doing nails for a while, and when you come to file on the fresh l&p that it is not quite cured? Maybe try leaving it a bit longer (or making your room a bit warmer lol)

Hi, you were right to wet zone 3 and was removing it when blending to zone 2:smack: Thanks guys xx trying to add picture to show how much better it went, after telling my brush off, then I cleaned her, gave it a hug and put it back to bed, but I can't put the picture on it just says enter url of image???

Hi, you were right to wet zone 3 and was removing it when blending to zone 2:smack: Thanks guys xx trying to add picture to show how much better it went, after telling my brush off, then I cleaned her, gave it a hug and put it back to bed, but I can't put the picture on it just says enter url of image???
Glad to be of some use!

Hi, guys thanks for your help, i have put a picture in the nail cirtiques of the problem sorted on the ring and little finger, thank you so much xx

Latest posts

Back