HELP my daughter has ruined her hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
my daughter has just tryed to die her hair with realy bad results, we need help quick as we are off to scotland tomarow
she put a lightning die on it but didnt read the instructions and mixed the conditioner with the die, her hair has gone YELLOW:eek: i dont know what to do with it, we dont have time to go to a hairdresser tomarow and she is being my bridesmaid monday, can we put a semi permanent brown die on it to cover the yellow????
please can anyone advise me so i can run to asda and get what is needed:)

Oh god this is all you need mate, Depending on how yellow it is you could just try toning it with a ash blonde but if its very yellow then the best option is to go darker. I would of course advise a professional to sort it maybe try and get her in somewhere tomorrow.

if the yellow isnt too pale you should be ok to cover with a warm brown, as her hair will be porus now go for a lighter than you want

ahh sounds like a nightmare!!

Ive just used a movida colour on myelf earlier actually, to cover highlights that i didnt like, i just used "35 - brown" but that may go a bit dark. so your safer to go with a lighter brown.

Ash will help counteract red / orangeness but may produce a khaki-ish colour. depends how light the hair is i think.

Safest option is a warm colour as already said, a nice rich brown.

thanks for the advice, i cant believe she tryed to dye it, she said she brought the dye when she went to town with her friend and thought she would give it a go, it is very yellow like golden yellow, i have brought an ash blond to see if we can do anything with it but i am making her wait untill tonightto do it so her hair has at least 24 hours to settle
anyother time i may have seen the funny side but with the wedding on monday i am really not a happy bunny, i already have enough stuff to stress over:irked:

thanks for the advice, i cant believe she tryed to dye it, she said she brought the dye when she went to town with her friend and thought she would give it a go, it is very yellow like golden yellow, i have brought an ash blond to see if we can do anything with it but i am making her wait untill tonightto do it so her hair has at least 24 hours to settle
anyother time i may have seen the funny side but with the wedding on monday i am really not a happy bunny, i already have enough stuff to stress over:irked:

Hiya Tracy,
It isnt a permanant colour you use but a toner you need to use one with a blue colour to it which will get rid of the yellow the semi permanant ones should work fine. Keep checking the colour to make sure she doesnt go grey.

Latest posts

Back