Help, my hair is Cheeto orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace360

Reaction score
I have a teenie weenie afro that I bleached blonde on august 26th, the day before school. I like dyeing my hair for festivities, so I recently bought orange hair dye to apply to my own hair in the spirit of Halloween. I applied it and absolutely hated it. Not because I hate orange. But because 1. It wasn't the color on the box, and 2. I wanted sort of a pumpkin, jack o lantern orange. Instead this came out as a hot cheeto, red orange. I absolutely don't know how to get this to the shade that I want it to be in less than 24 hours. I need to try my hardest to get it to a light orange, because school is Monday. What's the quickest way to get this red orange to turn into the shade that I wanted to, in the least amount of time?

Wear a hat or other hair accessory and smile. I’m sure you can live with the current colour until you can get an appointment at the salon and no-one else is likely to be half as bothered as you are about it. (I say that as someone who has lived with a fair few colour disasters in my time!)

Afro hair is more fragile than Asian and Caucasian hair and it’s easily damaged so I’d be very wary about trying to change the colour after it’s been bleached then coloured. You definitely don’t want it breaking off unevenly.

This forum is for qualified professionals and it’s against forum rules to offer technical colour correction advice to a diy-er, so you’ll need to see a salon professional to get it corrected.

Latest posts

Back