HELP! My Shellac is lifting on 1 client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhata

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a qualified Beauty Therapist and I've recently completed a Shellac course. Cert of Att states 'Shellac Provider'.

I have 1 client who doesnt get more than a week without them peeling/lifting. I'm doing it in the following stages:
Remove existing polish with Shellac wraps
Removing any left over polish with orange wood stick
File and shape nails
Soften cuticle with cuticle remover
Trim cuticles
Remove cuticle remover with acetone
Lightly buff nails
Have client wash hands
Apply scrub fresh
Base coat cure for 10 seconds
First coat of colour cured for 2 mins
second coat of colour cured for 2 mins
Top coat cured for 2 mins
Remove sticky film with ISP Alch
Solar oil on cuticles

Done!

All products are genuine Shellac not blue sky immitation crap and I use a CND lamp.

Please help! I'm scared i'll lose her as a client.

sometimes less is more with some clients so you could try dry prepping instead of using cuticle remover and not getting client to wash their hands. some clients have excess moisture which would prevent the shellac from adhering to the nail plate. so by adding extra chemicals and maybe not removing all traces of these chemicals this would not help.

i do the following and dont have any problems:
dry prep including filing
brush off dust
scrubfresh all nails
apply base coat
2 x colour coats
top coat
remove sticky residue with dsperse
solar oil

i also noticed that you say you trim cuticles??what do you mean by this??also that you are using acetone to remove the cuticle remover?? acetone should only be used to remove enhancements/shellac?

Was your course an official CND one ? As some of the steps you do eg buff nails , handwashing and removing cuticle remover with acetone are not normal procedure for Shellac ?

Latest posts

Back