Help!!!! nail art info

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
hi ya I was wondering what you all use for doing the nail art. i have been using striper pens on my finished gel nail enhancements as my tutor used them but is there any other quick drying paint etc i could use and when i put my top coat on the striper pens they smudge. can you put top coat on? I did the free hand nail art course but was never told what top coat to put on the striper pens or if you even put a top coat on. so what do you use? how long does it take to dry? and do you put top coat on? thanks ( I also use stickers, glitter) but i would like to try doing really nice nail art on clients but it takes so long to dry I just put the stickers on at the mo. ( my friend said her tech uses some sort of polish in a little pot and then top coat) is this normal nail polish as I am not sure and nor was my friend.

Have you tried putting your clients hand under the uv lamp I do and this speeds up the drying enough to apply top coat as a seal.

HLH

The most important thing is that you wait for your design to be completely dry before putting on your top coat. I usually use Super Shiney as a top coat, for that extra shine. However, if I am using also decals or rhinestones, I prefer to use Air Dry because it's thicker and covers them better.
HTH

when it comes to nail art, i'd be lost without my hairdryer!
on cool or low setting, you can dry the paint quicker so you're not sitting and waiting for no reason.
i use seche vite for a top coat.
good luck!

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Hi why dont you try water decals they are so quick and easy and come in a huge range of designs i get mine from Nail Delights as they have such a range they set on almost instantly then you can apply any top coat or sealer to finish

adell

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back