Help Nail Biter !!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help me please ,i am doing a severe nail biters nails for her on saturday but on some of her fingers she hasnt got any nails ! and i mean none ,i do gel nails and i am not very experienced at all ,i need to know if it is safe to glue a tip straight to her finger ? :eek: and how would i blend it or would i pre blend it ?:eek: ,i did tell her they proberly wouldnt last long but she said it didnt matter :eek:,how long do you experienced nail tecs think they would last ?i only passed my training two weeks ago ,i have done another nail biters nails the other day and a few of hers pinged of (as she put it )after a day and half ,iv also done my mams nails and my own and they are still on after 4 week , do nail biters nails normaly come of quick or is it down to me not being experienced ?

thanks heidi michelle :lol:

Go to the tutorials hun and look for one by peter pan, i think it is called some thing like extending the nail bed,
is shows you how to make a nail bed for a nail biter,
as far as i know it is not a good idea to adhere a tip straight to the finger and it would not last long,
nail biters nails will not last as long as someone with normal nail beds because they bite and pick at anything they can get to on their fingers mainly,
also you need to rebalance a nail biter nails every week as they tend to grow quicker than the rest of us,
if you are doing a nail biter that does have some nail bed you also need to learn how to saddle the tip, if you have not saddled the tip this is most likely why they came off,
there is also a good tutorial for that to look for by nailsinlondon hth

Go to the tutorials hun and look for one by peter pan, i think it is called some thing like extending the nail bed,
is shows you how to make a nail bed for a nail biter,
as far as i know it is not a good idea to adhere a tip straight to the finger and it would not last long,
nail biters nails will not last as long as someone with normal nail beds because they bite and pick at anything they can get to on their fingers mainly,
also you need to rebalance a nail biter nails every week as they tend to grow quicker than the rest of us,
if you are doing a nail biter that does have some nail bed you also need to learn how to saddle the tip, if you have not saddled the tip this is most likely why they came off,
there is also a good tutorial for that to look for by nailsinlondon hth

I can't find the extending the nail bed tutorial and it would be really helpful-has it been taken off? It's probably just me not looking properly lol!:?:

Hiya babes...:hug:....if she has NO nail at all and the rest are really bad then in all honesty i wouldn't do them. Its going to stress you out and knock your confidence as they wont last.

I would tell her that she must have regular manicures and try to leave her nails to grow a little first.

Your a nail technician..not a magician....:lol: xx

Thanks Angie i will phone her and tell her i carnt do them i will phone you in the week as iv got more questions to ask you lol ,

thanks to eveyone eles who replied to my thread

Hi vicky i read that tutoial but i can not stick the tip to the nail because she hasnt got one so how would i make a nail bed ? and do you know what gel bond is ??????? i only pased my training a few weeks ago so i do not know much lol

see the tutorial above - tipping a nail biter!

Hi Hiedi,

Firstly can I say......if I was you, and so early in your career, I'd advise a course of manicures to encourage her to grow something for you to work on.
Like Angie says, if you try to do it, it will knock your confidence.

Think of this girl as a challenge....somewhere where you will be one day, applying a great set of nails onto her.

Also, I'm and L&P (liquid & powder) gal, so no use with gel, but I have used this method before by Vicki Peters and it was over 2 1/2 years ago and I still have the same client.

She's 'Mrs x' on my website, on the before & after page, so have a look.
It would look better if I had of custom blended, but it was not on the go back then.

Here's the link to Vicki Peter's nail biter tips and the link to my website is at the bottom of the page.
Vicki's Tips

Not sure if you could use this method with gel, but I'm sure the gel girls will comment.....

Ive had a look at this tutorial & cant for the life of me work out what they mean by saddling the tip- were are you carving a space into???

if anyone has pics of this it would be appreciated...

have you read the comments underneath the tutorial. somebody else didn't quite understand it too so Ruth explained it in a bit more detail.

Hi thankyou for repling fingertips ND ,but the problem i have is that the girl hasnt got any nail at all she has bitten all the way down to her cuticle :irked: on about three of her fingers so i need to know how to make a nail bed to put the tip on !!! and can i make the nail bed out of gel ???? and then how do i stick the nail bed on ????as it isnt safe to just stick a tip on to skin and gel over it !!!! is it ? i am going to phone the girl tonight and tell her i carnt do it at the min ,but i would still like to now how i would go about it for in the future when im more confident

If she doesnt have nails You simply CANNOT help her with regards to ENHANCEMENTS... you CAN help her to help herself by advising manicures for now.... You cant build an enahancement on something thats not there hun....

Even in the future when u are more confident, You would advise your client against enhancements and go for manicures for as long as needed to grow some nail plate, and allow her nails to recover.

Dont Run Before you can walk :) and dont be afraid to say to a client.. no sorry I cant do that for you, BUT, I can offer this (manicure) etc.

I agree with the above, if there is no nail at all advise regular manicures until she has some healthy nail to work with. This will be a challenge for you and you will be so proud of them in the end not to mention having a happy and loyal client. x

Hi thankyou for repling fingertips ND ,but the problem i have is that the girl hasnt got any nail at all she has bitten all the way down to her cuticle :irked: on about three of her fingers so i need to know how to make a nail bed to put the tip on !!! and can i make the nail bed out of gel ???? and then how do i stick the nail bed on ????as it isnt safe to just stick a tip on to skin and gel over it !!!! is it ? i am going to phone the girl tonight and tell her i carnt do it at the min ,but i would still like to now how i would go about it for in the future when im more confident

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/52010-product-skin-2.html

read this thread!

Latest posts

Back