Help...nail polish smudges...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nash

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I need some help finding out why nail polish smudges after drying. I use OPI polish, I do all the prep correct - making sure there is no oil on the nail, and then I use a base coat by OPI, then I put two coats of nail polish on, then I put OPI top coat on. I had a client who waited 24 hours before putting her shoe on and when she did she messed up both big toes and a few of the others. I had it happen to another client as well. What is going wrong? Why is the nail polish getting nicks after they wait so long to put on there shoes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nash

I would take a guess at you are applying your nail varnish too thick.

I would take a guess at you are applying your nail varnish too thick.

i have to agree...i would base coat all ten, wait a mo...thin coat 1....on all ten then wait a mo...
second thin coat...on all ten and top coat....then solar spray

try using OPI rapidry spray or quick dry drops (or both like i do!) nails are touch dry within 10-15 mins but obv will still dent for next few hrs. i've never had clients with any problems.

hth xx

try using OPI rapidry spray or quick dry drops (or both like i do!) nails are touch dry within 10-15 mins but obv will still dent for next few hrs. i've never had clients with any problems.

hth xx

I have OPI rapidry spray and have used that I also have OPI drip dry and I love that but it didn't make a difference on her toes. I don't think I am applying the polish to thick.

Would it make a difference if it was to cold in the building? They keep it on the cool side as we have massage therapist as well who like it cold while they work. I try to keep the nail room warm though.

Nash

make sure you are you letting the polish dry inbetween coats

Latest posts

Back