Help nail systems going wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grace

Reaction score
Oh help peeps I am loosing the will to do nail extensions big time. I put a post up a short while ago about the problems I was having with Brisa gel, yes I followed the advice and they lasted a little longer but within a week they were pealing away again, it must be something I am not doing right.

Anyway the problem now is when doing a set, no lets get this right my client came today after 3 weeks since last appointment she has acrylic pink and whites, anyway I am still not overly confident in doing the pinks and whites unless cheating with white tips, but this client came today and her nails were hanging and I mean really hanging, its a wonder she had not done some damage, hmm saying that..... so I began to file the products right down from tip end upwards some of the nails were going well but then 2 of them split just above the smile line on the side wall part, and I had used a soft file and had not buffed the natural nail other than remove the shine, so this concerned me, then she decided to have fabric instead, great I could have soaked them off, never mind so I went through all that and the more than white possed lots of problems,
Preped nail plate
layer of bond
more than white
fabric
layer of bond
more than white
layer of build
another layer of build
buffed and more than white started coming away, so I went back again buffed them and apoplied another thin layer of more than white waited over 2 mins and then put layer of build over again, waited and then buffed and more than white came away. I tired several times, after several hours i was getting impatient and I am a smoker and was getting nicotine withdrawels so airbrushed the ends and carried on with layer of build, and then a few layers of boots and activator, however she is returning tommorow as they have shattered effects over them, so obviously I applied the boost too thick or too much. But why can I not get the more than white to do as it is told?

I just do not understand, I had no problems with Faze gel switch to brisa and keep getting problmes, use fabric and am ok until i use the more than white.

Help, I am really starting to dispise nail extensions, I dread poeple booking in, have even started putting people off but they just keep coming back. 2 weeks ago I tried to tell my clients i was giving it up and sticking to my holistic therapies every one of them said, oh ok but you will still do mine though hey and even if you do give up ill still come every week and expect them done. These people just do not get it.......

So my only option is to face up to these fears and put myself in your hands and hope that you can do something with me, save disapointment to my clients.

Oh help im just down feeling sorry for myself because i can not produce any good sets of nails any more, no thats a lie I can its the infills and rebalances I dread.

Ok im being quiet now, all this working from home no one to talk to makes me go mad on hear for nattering away. Oh whoops doing it again ok ok im off any help would be appreciated.

Thanks x

Hi Grace,

Can't be much help as don't use Brisa yet...

Are you going to Excel? Might be worth watching a demo or getting one of your nails own done just to confirm technique. Alternatively, may be worth investing in some 1-2-1 training, or is there another tech near you also uses Brisa that can sit and watch you to see if they can give you any help/ feedback on technique?

Don't give up!! If it was as bad as you make out, why would your clients still want you to do their nails? Maybe they are trying to tell you it's not as bad as you think?

Your steps:
Preped nail plate
layer of bond
more than white
fabric
layer of bond
more than white
layer of build
another layer of build

Now try it my way lol :

• P.R.E.P Nail
  • thin layer of bond
  • More Than White , apply a thin layer, let this dry for 2 mins, apply a second thin coat if needed and swipe the smile line with a brush diped in Nail Fresh,this gives it the kick butt finish........let dry again for 2 mins,
  • Apply Fibreglass or Silk
  • Bond
  • Build 2 x :do fingers 1 - 10 , then go back over fingers 1-10 for the second coating then activate.....
  • Activate with spray blast
  • Tidy edges and sidewalls with 240 file, then buff lightly with 240 buffer, lightly does it !!!! This makes it nice and smooth and even.............
  • Apply Boost 2x brushed out with the blast brush on activator, when completly dry, buff with 240 buffer, then oil buff with 1200 Koala side........
  • Done!!!!!
The trick is to bury the MTW under the Fibreglass or Silk, so it will not be disturbed by light buffing........

HTH

I've got to say that the title of this thread is misleading as it does not sound like it is the systems that are going wrong here!! :D We all know the systems work beautifully!!

Have you done a class with any of these systems? Because it sounds like with Brisa your prep is not thorough enough and with Fabric# you need to file minimally over the white with a very soft buffer --- hardly anything at all. I use the Yankee board/buffer from Designer Nails that is designed to go with the Fabric# system.

hi
Thanks Ruth, its been such a while now since anyone has requested fabric that I had obvously got the routein ass about face, nothing new for me, te he he. Thanks for the help, I can now see where I was going wrong, my client is coming back today so we can sort them out.

Also Geeg thank you too your words of wisdom are always so spot on, yes you are correct I have had no creative training for Brisa or Fabric and again you are correct in saying I would be better to do this training that is what is there for hey. I will look into it and sort my pennies out.

Well fingers crossed today and ill let you know how I get on, I hope ok as I used to be able to produce a super set of fabric nails but we will see today.

Thank you every one again, given me a little shove in the right direction, you can guarentee ill take a wrong turn on the way again though and will be back for another kick. LOL.

Kind regards to you thanks
xxx

Whoops forgott to say also yes Geeg you are right in saying that the post is misleading, its not the products its me, if there is a worng way to do anything ill always find it. LOL

I also forgot to mention that my clients nails grow like weeds and within two weeks she needs a rebalance I have never seen anyones nails grow this fast before. If it was me id grow my own natural nails, which I encourange but she likes her extensions. This client also has super super oily skin, so its a challange trying to get anything to stay put on her nails. I always prep really well because i am aware of her skin. Her skin is so oily that some occasions she brings little pieces of blotting paper to blot and wipe her face with. Yes she obviously has secretion glands working overtime, bless her.

Anyway thought I should make you aware of this too, even though I am aware that its me doing wrong not the systems.

Thanks again and again
x

Well just before you put yourself down too much .... :D sweaty damp hands are a nightmare for any technician to get any system to stay put.

Gel is not always the best system to choose for nail slike these as the moisture can build up too high beneath them and then they peel. Fabric# would be a better system for this lady.

2 weeks is the correct rebalance time anyway for most clients. Many can go 3 weeks but regular 2 weekly visits are quicker and easier and benefit both client and technician. I always used to give a 'perk' to my 2 week clients by charging them less for their rebalance as it took me much less time and no problems to solve. :D

Latest posts

Back