Help, nail varnish on carpet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Ive just noticed my 2year old has tipped fluroscent pink nail polish all over my carpet. He was trying to paint his nails the other daybut didnt notice he poured it onto the carpet till now:-s i dont really want to get acetone on it any ideas wat i could use? I move out in 3weeks and dont wanna lose deposit

Xoxo

Hi geeks

Ive just noticed my 2year old has tipped fluroscent pink nail polish all over my carpet. He was trying to paint his nails the other daybut didnt notice he poured it onto the carpet till now:-s i dont really want to get acetone on it any ideas wat i could use? I move out in 3weeks and dont wanna lose deposit

Xoxo

Shave it out. Buy cheap nasty bic razors youl hardly notice it

My hubby dropped the iron and we shaved it and blended it in couldn't notice it,

I used a knife on my carpet... Basically the same as shaving it out

Thanks geeks ill give it a bash wen the culprit is in bed haha xx

This happened to me a few years ago. Dark grey nail polish on cream carpet. Rang insurance company and they sent round a little man with a box full of chemicals who got it all out of carpet. This is a positive comment in that I know it can be done but a frustrating one in that I have no idea what he used!

This happened to me a few years ago. Dark grey nail polish on cream carpet. Rang insurance company and they sent round a little man with a box full of chemicals who got it all out of carpet. This is a positive comment in that I know it can be done but a frustrating one in that I have no idea what he used!

Hahaha this made me laugh lelu xx

What do you think about cutting it out and replacing that bit? But I don't know if it's a good idea and how would it look like to be honest.

I didn't read through all of the posts...so if this is a repeat, sorry.

I spilled black Konad stamper polish on my cream colored carpet...not a little either.

Acetone nail polish remover, and lint free rounds, along with paper towels. Load the rounds or paper towel till it's dripping (were gloves to protect your hands) once the paper towel has polish on it...toss it out and go for new...it will remove all traces of polish in the carpet (you have to scrub) It just smears at first. the trick is to get more polish out each time by keeping a clean pad or towel. I run out of rounds and started with paper towel...it also took two bottles of polish remover. But not a trace remains, and it didn't hurt my carpet at all. (open the window as well)

Latest posts

Back