Help!! Need advice on Home courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
:confused:Please help, Just registered on this site and I need some advice. I have recently qualified in manicure/pedicures and want to expand my knowledge to extentions, due to time/family/work commitments, been thinking about home study, is this a recommended way forward for a novice?? Has anyone else gone this route and succeeded?

:confused:Please help, Just registered on this site and I need some advice. I have recently qualified in manicure/pedicures and want to expand my knowledge to extentions, due to time/family/work commitments, been thinking about home study, is this a recommended way forward for a novice?? Has anyone else gone this route and succeeded?

hi and welcome,

I would strongly recommend not to take a home course, you will get so much more out of further training with a professional nail company in their training environment and support and backing. I also think that you will get so much more for your money. I trained with Creative Nail Design to grand master status, yes it cost a fair bit but the training was fantastic and normally consist of training near you and at a convienient time for you too. I would not be where I am now if it was not for their fantastic training and backing (alot of hard work, sweat and tears too)!!

Good luck hope this helps xx

i started out with a home learn course, then did a conversion to creative
i got a lot more out of this site though,
to me this site is like a never ending training book
hth xx

ive just started a beauthy therapy home course was really getting into it intill a few people on here said that it wasnt the best idea and now i not so sure it says on my course that i will get a s/nvq certificate. i paid 300 puond for all 3 nvqs.....

you were very lucky to be accepted on to a conversion class from starting a home learning course, the larger distrubter and educators ,ezflow creative will look for more basic knowledge and understanding and work practise.There have been a number of threads on this topic. Where did you do your conversion and who with?
i started out with a home learn course, then did a conversion to creative
i got a lot more out of this site though,
to me this site is like a never ending training book
hth xx

and a great tec you are too xx with your smiley face and loverly personality i would hope you would go far ! This is the person to speak re printing , etc !!!!!
hi and welcome,

I would strongly recommend not to take a home course, you will get so much more out of further training with a professional nail company in their training environment and support and backing. I also think that you will get so much more for your money. I trained with Creative Nail Design to grand master status, yes it cost a fair bit but the training was fantastic and normally consist of training near you and at a convienient time for you too. I would not be where I am now if it was not for their fantastic training and backing (alot of hard work, sweat and tears too)!!

Good luck hope this helps xx

:) Thanks for all the advice guys. I have the offer of a local course to attend thanks to Caroline ( I promise to call you ref date/time/cost etc). I love this site, I'm a complete newbie to this site but it's so good to be able to speak to other techs who are experienced and happy to offer their advice. TCxxx

Latest posts

Back