Help! Need expert advice quick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I've posted this before and nobody answered, it's tricky but now my client had this happen and is coming back tomorrow how can I tackle it?

Here goes: I've done acrylic extension, I painted on a white tip with ex flow trugel 100% gel. I would normally then use ezflow trugel top coat but I was scared it would peel as it has done before when painted straight onto acrylic, it only stays put when painted over a trugel colour then top coat (over acrylic as said) hope I haven't lost you already? Well anyway today I used glaze and go hard gel nsi top coat. Within an hour it had come off one nail, the white tip she said. I suspected this would happen as you cannot do hard gel over a soft gel! Fact! But I was told I could if only a tiny part was soft gel and the rest of the enhancement acrylic or hard gel. Well I can't. So, what top coat can I use over an acrylic base that doesn't peel but can also go over gel and doesn't crack. This is something that's bugged me for ages , I do gel nail art over acrylic or gel tip over acrylic often.
Do you think if I applied the trugel base then top that would be right?

Last edited:
hi, I dont use ez flow, so cant comment on that but I wouldnt mix systems and would say that could be why glaze n go has cracked if its on top of your ez flow l+p.

HTH x

it's cracked on the soak off gel,
Glaze and go works with every acrylic I've used it's my preferred acrylic top coat.

Could you not paint on a trugel French pink gel on top of the acrylic enhancement, then paint on your white and then top with the matching top coat :) xx

Thanks tip top but its not what I'm after xx

Dreading doing another experiment on her tomorrow but as my 2nd thread on my rather confusing dilemma isn't getting much look in looks like ill have to do ;
Base trugel over acrylic, French white then top coat and hope that works. Any ezflow experts?

You could use Eco universal soak off topcoat. It's a soak off glossy topcoat gel that is universal so can be used with all systems. Hth

Why not try on yourself first?

I don't use EZ Flow so forgive me if anyone has any better advice but I would say you probably need the trugel basecoat then your white then topcoat. Then you're using your complete l&p system and your complete gel system. I think the problem comes when you're trying to mix things that are designed to work as a whole. Also are you buffing the acrylic to a shine? You could try leaving it slightly rough to give the gel a base to adhere to? x

Hey there
I use EzFlow Trugel over my acrylic all the time and it stays put until infills. Are you making sure you are applying the Trugel to a rough surface and also capping the free edge? How long are you curing it for in your lamp?
I don't have any problems, and been using EzFlow for 3 years Beth xx

Oh and I forgot to mention you don't need base coat when applying on an enhancement. Hope this helps! Xx

Beth good too meet someone who uses trugel! Seems a rare find! Can I question you a little?
I always leave acrylic rough before gel of course, so do you apply the top coat trugel straight over acrylic base? And never have problem? Do you do nail art or trugel tip over acrylic base and topcoat with no problem?
As my client is back later today, I'm going to do base trugel white tip trugel and then top trugel, I daren't do white then top as I say 3 clients have had it peel or go patchy, it just seems incompatible with an acrylic base. I do trugel colour over acrylic base all the time as its fine. It's just top coat alone. I know it's confusing but it's a mega issue.

I don't know why I listened to somebody on here telling me to put glaze and go over trugel tip, I knew that wouldn't work! Doh.

It's nothing to do with mixing brands this is about mixing soak off gel with hard gel and acrylic guys x

Sorry if this is a little late. I always use trugel on acrylic or gel extensions with no basecoat. I have done white trugel tip, coloured tip and nail art in both trugel and acrylic paint. I never have any problems with peeling. Where is the peeling occurring from? If its from the tip of the nail, make sure you are capping the whole free edge of the enhancement. I regularly use my top coat on its own over enhancements. There is a product called bond it on which you could try if you still have problems. I use this when I apply to natural nails. Hope you get it sorted =] xx

Thanks Amos!
It's getting me down now :(
I did the base, white, top over the acrylic ANC within a day she's said it's chipped again on the white, then a day later, another chip, she's bugging the life outta me!!! Now it's "peeling" she says. I've had it peep before on acrylic bit that we top coat only. I purposely did base. I do colour without base then top and they're always fine? I don't understand :(

Now I'm getting so angry with her I'm wondering is age doing it?? I've not learned to do a forever French acrylic fill so I opted for the gel over and she was a bit let down as she wanted acrylic forever French but she said actually I like it and left happy. Ill see when I see her next if age has sabotaged it to get me to do the acrylic tip and no doubt for free :(

Are you using a soak off white gel polish for the white tip then? If so I would reccommend using the Eco universal soak off top coat as the final gloss as it is designed to go over all soak off gels/polishes.

Also if the white is chipping it could be that you're applying it too thin.

Don't let it get you down. Is it just her this is happening on? What lamp are you using and how long you curing for? Are you using EzFlow acrylic? Xx

Using crystal nails acrylic.
As I say all other methods I do using trugel work fine so my lamp isn't causing problems.

Have you used this method on others recently and had no problems? Could it be something wrong with product? I've read your entire thread and if your only having problem with one person it's not you. If your having it with all I'd say check your product, if your confident in your application . I always doubt myself first😉 Hope this helps

I know, sometimes it's the simplest of things but no :( she's the first. That I've never used a base colour on. The first I've done a white tip gel over acrylic.
She's moaning away but I can't get her in for another week. Ill attempt a white acrylic sculpted instead and don't think I'll ever do what i did again, even though I don't understand why it wouldn't work! Makes no sense.

Have you discussed what you're trying to achieve with your ez flow educator?
They might be able to offer some guidance.

Latest posts

Back