Help needed before I do it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innocence

Reaction score
So my friend wants acrylic extensions with gel
It will either be with a tip or using a form
However, I currently own the harmony acrylic system and cuccio Veneers

Am I able to mix the two? and am I correct in thinking that I do the normal prep for acrylic, remove the shine and then steps for the cuccio veneer.
This is my first time practicing gel polishes and acrylic together since passing and I want to perfect it all before i officially start.

My main concern is the removal, how would i do this with the two systems and I know cuccio has it's own remover. Could i just buff away the top coat and most the color then soak the acrylics in the harmony removal product.

I won't be doing it for a few weeks as I need to order some more harmony remover before i do but it'll have to wait till payday, I just want to make sure I know how to do the remove before i even think about starting.

Thank you.

My plan is to use Harmony Hard Gel, Acrylics and eventually Gelish but i also want to offer cuccio too but I need to make sure it's okay to use the two systems together

Create your acrylic enhancements as normal up to and including finish filing but don't buff to a high shine. Then you can apply your gel colour coat, no need to use base coat, and then finish with the gel top coat.

When it comes to rebalance or removal you simply remove the colour with your file when debulking the nail.

Thank you, so I was correct in thinking that I won't be using the normal removal for the cuccio veneer but to remove most the product and bulk, then soak of the rest.

Thanks again, i've only just started to get my bits together so I'm now trying new things and removals will be one of them as i've just used a practice hand since training

That's right... Whether you're rebalancing or doing a full removal you won't need the remover, just a file :)

Thank you ever so much for you help.

Minus the veneers I've decided to use my kit items to practice with until I am able to finish my driving lessons out... been a pain to sort lately then once I'm doing that I can slowly build up my kit for when I got mobile, but till then it's practice times a thousand

Yep get in as much practice as you can it all helps :)

Latest posts

Back