Help needed. - lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheree Hay

Reaction score
I really need to pick all your brains, I have a client with problems with lifting.

Every other set i have done on others have not had any probs and when i had to do this lady again i made sure my prep was done really carefully, in case i had been a little lax with my prep, but she is still having this problem.

She was saying to me the last time she came to me if she puts nail polish onto her natural nail it has all peeled off by the end of the day, and that if she has bought false nails to do herself from the likes of Boots, they don't last much more than a day, whereas her friends nails last over a week!?!

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

She is coming back on Tuesday to have a set of L&P nails done and I would love her to not have any more of this happening to her.

The products I am using is creative retention + and perfect colour, i tried using the nail primer but that only made it last for a week instead of the day or two she got out of them last time.

Is there any medications or illness that could cause this problems to be happening?

Sorry for the loads of questions but i have never had this happen before.

I am not ready to give up on this lady yet and any advice would be fantastic

Have you tried using Nailfresh on this client?

if shes on medication that could be why/

I have a lady very much the same, ive prepped well, made sure the nail plate is dehydtated extra times, extra primer, no product on the skin etc and ahe still lifts, both with gel and L&P!!!
shes really good as i know shes not a picker and she wears her gloves for washing up etc.

I am going to try fibre glass/ silk on her in the near future, you could try it out on her, maybe on one finger?

In over four years of business I have only ever had two clients that had lifting which was due to the medication they were on - one had polycystic ovaries and was on a special hormone drug, the other was having IVF treatment, also a hormone thing . . .

I have had one lady whose nails would just come away clean due to excessive perspiration, she knew she had a problem and subsequently went on to have Botox treatment in her hands and now they're perfect . . .

So it is actually fairly unlikely to be a medical thing, although you can't rule it out.

It would be a good idea to check your prep, do you use a cuticle remover and a metal cuticle pro-pusher, they are fab for getting all the yucky bits off the nail. If you use a cuticle remover you must remove it, or it may cause lifting by itself. If all your other clients are ok tho then I guess it can't really be that. But some people do have a lot of cuticle which needs removing, especially difficult if they have fat fleshy sidewalls and the nail is kind of buried, you sometimes really need to use some force to get those sidewalls back.

All I can think of at the mo, hth x

I would try using both nail fresh and scrubfresh in your prep with this client, If she is on medication this could be causing the lifting I had one client who nails never lifted and suddenly they started to ,well after faffing to find out why it turned out she was pregnant and the hormone changes were the problem.

Bl...y hormones . . . men would't have these problems would they lol

Not fair

Bl...y hormones . . . men would't have these problems would they lol

Not fair

Men only have one problem ............. Women lol

certain medical conditions and medications can help towards lifting problems if...its only an isolated case, ie...your other clients are ok.
I would carry out full client consultation and ask if your lady is on medication and has any medical conditions.....if not, then if this is a continuous thing i would prep each nail and apply enhancement/overlay on each nail before moving onto the rest, so prep and apply each nail then move onto the next.
I have to do this myself because the condition i have plays havoc with my metabolism..ie oily nail plates, greasy hair...and a bit of a sweaty betty, so this is what i do to myself.

I don't have much of advice, only that I have had some customers that lifts after 1-3 days, myself included. I have tried everything. Before I started having enhancement on myself (8,5 years ago) I could never wear nailpolish either. It came off in "flakes" the same day. I have found, on myself, that if I don't pick on the very beginning of lifted area, it will not always continue...

C.

Thank for all the replies, i think i will try doing the one nail at a time and go out and get myself some nail fresh.

Found the primer in my kit but had never used it before as i always just use the scrubfresh in my prep but will try the nail fresh along with the scrubfresh and see how it goes. Fingers crossed it goes well this time :)

Let us know how you get on. x

Thank for all the replies, i think i will try doing the one nail at a time and go out and get myself some nail fresh.

Found the primer in my kit but had never used it before as i always just use the Scrubfresh in my prep but will try the nail fresh along with the Scrubfresh and see how it goes. Fingers crossed it goes well this time :)

Don't forget that when using Nail fresh you need to sandwich it between Scrubfresh....
so Scrubfresh, Nail fresh, Scrubfresh. Hopefully that will solve the problem for you xx

Latest posts

Back