Help needed on compressor.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

top.chic

Reaction score
Hello all, i hope someone can help.
Sorry if this is a bit long winded but i must explain myself.
i am looking into buying an airbrush etc to do nail art; but also want to be able to do tanning.
I have decided on a TC2000 compressor. (Is this a good choice???)
Anyway, i have been looking around and have found one for a reasonable price but it has a foot switch! But i have also found they now do an automatic stop/start one!!!
So my dilema is, do i go for the footswitch one at a reasonable price or wait for an automatic one to come along???

Not having had any training as yet (or knowing much about the whole thing!), how does the foot switch thing work, and is it going to be a pain in the you know what.
It is a lot of money for me and i don't want to make the wrong decision so thought this was the best place to seek advice.

Many Thanks for any replies, they will be much appreciated.

Hi

I would definately invest in a good one you do get what you pay for i have an iwata and i can honestly say i havnt had any probs with it. It has a moisture trap and turns its self on and off as you use it.
I do believe from some of the messages on here that the sudu one is very good to. I would consider carefully what you are going to use it for ie, just nail art or spray tanning and hair and body art?? Their are a lot of things you can use it for so i would advise you save your pennies up for a decent one. You dont want it to end up collecting dust in a corner do ya??
HTH

The Sudo Tc2000 Is Automatic (it Does Not Have A Foot Pump) If It Does It Is An Old Model, Cause They Are All Automatic Now.
You Can Use This Compressor For Nail Art/body Art/hair Art/makeup And Tanning.
The Best Thing For You To Do Is To Phone Sudo And Find Out Where Your Nearest Trainer Is And Go And Have A Demo.
Hope This Helps
Debbie Easter
Creative Ambassador Manchester

Had a foot pump compressor for 2 months, drove me nuts................ :twisted:

Gotta agree with everyone. I own an Iwata Smartjet (best in the world) but teach with the Sudo foot pump. - it is a very good compressor, although it drive me mad too. Can't tell you the number of times I've sat there wondering why nothing's happening and then evenutally remembered I have to press my foot down.

If you only intend to use it for whilst sitting down to do nails, then all well and good - pressing the foot pedal won't be an issue for you. However if you intend to branch out into tanning or tattoos it could prove very awkward pressing down the foot pedal whilst simulataneously manoevring yourself into all sort of angles to get to the difficult little places.

Best wishes

Pat

top.chic said:
i am looking into buying an airbrush etc to do nail art; but also want to be able to do tanning.
Anyway, i have been looking around and have found one for a reasonable price but it has a foot switch! But i have also found they now do an automatic stop/start one!!!
So my dilema is, do i go for the footswitch one at a reasonable price or wait for an automatic one to come along???

Not having had any training as yet (or knowing much about the whole thing!), how does the foot switch thing work, and is it going to be a pain in the you know what.
It is a lot of money for me and i don't want to make the wrong decision so thought this was the best place to seek advice.

i do the tanning, nail art etc, etc. the best one to buy for everything is the TC5000. its abit more expensive than the TC2000 but well worth it

Hi,

I am also looking into getting an airbrush and doing some research....

You say you haven't been trained yet, would it be worth waiting until you've done your training then you'll get an idea of how the airbrush feels works? As you say it's a lot of money to invest, better to get something you are happy with and confident using that spending the money only to find it doesn't suit....

God, I sound like a bank manager being all sensible - apologies!

B

So many people buy the equipment, then realise its not for them. Try to find a training course that lets you try before you buy. x

Thank you all for your help.:biggrin:

I am moving back to my home town very shortly, where i trained as a nail tech. My teacher also does the Su-do courses, which is what i have been looking at doing; so i will give her a call whan i get back home and see what i can arrange.
I just so want everything NOW and just want to get one and start practicing. But you are all right, it is better to bide my time and make the right decision instead of rushing in and regretting it later.

Thanks again you are all stars.:cool:

Salon Solutions (01482227775) sell a mobile compressor designed for air brush nails and airbrush tanning. The air brush used for the tanning process is in the shape of a spray gun rather than the usual pencil shape. the compressor also has an air reservior tank, which reduces the amount of work on the motor avoiding over heating. They provide free training on a regular basis (no purchase nessecery) they will also send you a trial sample of liquid if you ask nicely.

My compressor does not have a foot peddle buy my friend has two, one with and one without, I had a go of her one with (she just does tannign no nails) and I found it very hard to use beacuse you have to concentrate in holding the sentcil right, the gun correctly and getting your feet in proper motion !

top.chic said:

if this is the Sim-air compressor I bought the same one last month and I am very happy with Plus i can upgrade it for £100 or so when I have a salon which is great :D

IMHO - you can't go wrong with an Iwata Smart Jet Pro - has a regulator and moisture trap, switches on and off automatically as you use the airbrush and I've used it for demo'ing airbrushing at nail shows with absolutely no problems at all - no overheating and it was on from 10am to 6pm constantly! I believe 'Chocolate' (AKA Rachel Myatt sells them at K-Sa-Ra.......... www.netnails.net)

Jackie
http://www.libertynaildesign.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back