Help needed - Pointy nails a la Lana Del Rey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie D

Reaction score
Help needed fellow geeks!! I have just been made to feel very old. A new client has just phoned and asked if I can do pointy nails like Lana Del Rey wears. Now first things first, I didn't even know who Lana Del Rey was, but have googled her!! :o

She sports pointy extensions. What is the way to do these? Do I have to buy a specific product or can I do it using NSI or CND tips and shaping them? I feel a bit of a fool to be honest! :sad:

Thanks in advance!! :hug:

I'm sorry I can't help you but just to make you feel better I had to google her too :D

Dont think you need to make them very long esspecialy if you havent made these nails ever before. Best way is sculp.

Millium does pointy nails lady's please ignore spellin lol x

I think Pro Impressions do stiletto tips.
S

I just use a normal tip but cut them to a point and then file into shape. You need to leave them much longer than normal so that you have enough to work with when shaping. Once shaped it's easier to shorten.
Hth x

you could tip her then use a sharpy marker to draw on the shape (roughly ) then use nail clippers to cut sides away then file in to shape , blend and buff away the sharpie marker ;)
then overlay .

I stick two forms on, one on the end of the other to make them really long, then sculp the shape and curving round all the way to the tip, i love them !

I've never heard of her either lol
Proimpressions def do stiletto tips. I really don't like the look of them!!!

I've never heard of her either lol
Proimpressions def do stiletto tips. I really don't like the look of them!!!

Nor do I!!! :D None of my clients would want them but always open for new ideas and increasing the client base.

Thank you everyone, I have seen the stiletto tips now so know I can get them, I rang her back and told her I could do them and she didn't like the price I offered her, said she could get them done for £20 with nail art etc!!!

I hate to say this but another youngster wanting nails as cheaply as she can get them, something that happens a lot. I guess they like a bargain, which is up to them.

That is how i have my nails, i sculpt no tips needed just need to make sure you keep then nice and thin, and not to long if she is used to having nails.

Nor do I!!! :D None of my clients would want them but always open for new ideas and increasing the client base.

Thank you everyone, I have seen the stiletto tips now so know I can get them, I rang her back and told her I could do them and she didn't like the price I offered her, said she could get them done for £20 with nail art etc!!!

I hate to say this but another youngster wanting nails as cheaply as she can get them, something that happens a lot. I guess they like a bargain, which is up to them.

Oh well, she saved you all the trouble of getting in special tips etc just to please her, thank goodness she showed her true colors, you don't need to bend over backwards for a client like this when is all she's worried about is how cheap she can get them done for.

Move on to your next client who no doubt values you for all the right reasons:)

Latest posts

Back