Help needed!! Rhinestones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzlingtouch

Reaction score
Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has put rhinestones on the nail before the acrylic, do you have to work the acrylic quite thick so when you buff the nail you dont buff the rhinestone.

All help on this subject really appreicated.

Thanks
lisa

hi :)
i too would like to know if you can bed gems into acrylic.perhaps some of you nail artists can help with this ....please!!:lol:
debbie

You can embed rhinestones into acrylic but you do need to make sure you don't file through the acrylic or you will ruin the rhinestone and ruin the effect. I would say the best place to put them would be in the stress area where the acylic is thicker than the other areas. I never bother embedding them anymore, I just secure them with a dot of nail glue and then give them a couple of coats of top coat - I rarely have any trouble with them falling off like this and if you use swarovski rhinestones you don't lose the sparkle either.

There are 'flat stones' available in different colours, some holographic, which would probably be better for embedding in acrylic if that really was the effect you wanted. I use 'Mylar Fantasies' by Too Much Fun which you can get from

www.thenailwarehouse.net

in the UK - they have a great selection of colours and shapes, all flat, which look great embedded in acrylic.

Jackie

www.LibertyNailDesign.com

I have a client who had rhinestones embedded in her clear acylic.....3 months later she still has them in there and LOVES them! She likes the fact that the nail still feels smooth, rahter than the feel of the rhinestones.

As previously mentioned, make sure you apply your product thick enough so as when you buff down, you have not revealed the rhinestones.

Remember to 'sculpt with your brush, not with your file' and you will need hardly any buffing down at all!

Hope this helps

Jenny-Nails
Notts/Derbyshire :lol:

Hi,
I have also tried this and it works great :)
Remember to 'sculpt with your brush, not with your file' and you will need hardly any buffing down at all!
This advice from Jenny is the best you can have :)

:green: Hi Lisa
I have just tried my first set of acrylic and gem stones...they looked fantastic..my client sent me a bouquet of flowers she was so pleased.
I used..
Creative clear tip not natural..and blended.
then i placed the gems on the tip dotted tiny dots of glue and placed the crystal gems to secure...i place the gems any old way with no pattern to them..just dotted them around the tip.
I then covered the whole nail as normal with creative clear acrylic.
file & buff to high shine as normal..the gems will then appear shiney and will sparkle**
The nail was quite fine to look at with a perfect shape.
good luck
Jenny studio29
p.s they are going on the front page of my local news soon with an advert of my home studio....the client was a sales rep for the paper...cool hey!!
dazzlingtouch said:
Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has put rhinestones on the nail before the acrylic, do you have to work the acrylic quite thick so when you buff the nail you dont buff the rhinestone.

Thanks
lisa

Thats brillaint news jenny!!!

If you get a chance can you put the pic online we would all appreicate a look!!

Thanks
Lisa

Hiya,

Does this work the same for gel does anyone know?
thanks guys

Hi girls

Come on share the pics of these embedded rhinestones, would love to see them. :D

Julie

graffspider said:
Hiya,

thanks guys
Hiya,

Yes, it's done exactly the same with gel!

Jade x

graffspider said:
Hiya,

thanks guys
Yes, it's exactly the same with gel!

Jade x

Hi Lisa

I have simply placed a small amount of acrylic onto the nail and embedded the rhinestone into it, before applying a small amount of acryllic to cover the stones. this has worked fabulously. I find glitter chunks to be the best personally, as many of my clients prefer a slightly more elegant look, the most prefered is a small line of Glitter chunks following the smile line, in silver or gold.

dazzlingtouch said:
Hi,

Thanks
lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back