Help needed urgently please, infected nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
Hi can i have some advise please.
My neighbours daughter has acrylics on but she got into a fight Saturday just gone and damaged her pinkie.

She said the nail is infected and very very sore (I saw it and it was yellow and crusty under the free edge and hyponychium. She says her natural nail has seperated from the bed but I couldn't tell because of the yellow-ness and mess).

She asked if i could clip the free edge off because she's been chewing at it to get it off but that hasn't worked!! I said no.

I said chances are she'll have to wait for the infection to clear then I could attempt to remove the extension, but i said she must see the doctor first.

Please see pics attached, sorry for the poor quality

Attachments

• Kelsey-nail.jpg
    Kelsey-nail.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 387
I would advise her to go to the walk in centre. They will probably clip it down so that it doesn't catch on anything and apply some antibiotic something or other.
I would be scared to touch it myself as it looks very painful.

Yea that looks very ouch, I'd def recommend a gp visit or as suggested the NHS walk in centre

Yea that looks very ouch, I'd def recommend a gp visit or as suggested the NHS walk in centre

And then when it's healed I could remove bulk with e-file or acetone?

Once they give the go ahead then yea debulk and shorten (they may shorten at walk in or gp's) I personally woudnt soak of until it's def def def all healed, which cud be a while depending on how much damage has been done.

Once they give the go ahead then yea debulk and shorten (they may shorten at walk in or gp's) I personally woudnt soak of until it's def def def all healed, which cud be a while depending on how much damage has been done.

I thought that might of been the case, thank you Maz & Aphrodite26 xx

How long has she had them on for? They look really far down the nail bed
I wouldn't want to be doing anything with that nail

How long has she had them on for? They look really far down the nail bed
I wouldn't want to be doing anything with that nail

I dont know how long but going by the growth must be maybe 3 / 4 weeks.

It looks so painful 😁
I think she's best seeking medical advice/help and advise her not to allow enhancements grow so far out before having them rebalanced/removed as it could've avoided this happening

Latest posts

Back