Help needed with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert030576

Reaction score
Hi we have recently started doing nails however our nail tech is very new and only recently qualified, she can do everything fine but having issues only with gel polish onto original nails they keep peeling off shes tried lots of different ways and taken advise from other techs but still odd ones peeling off can anyone shed any light as to why this could be happening thanks

Slightly file surface to help polish adhere (very important). Make sure nails are properly cleansed using appropriate cleanser to remove any oil. Make sure every layer of gel is cured for the correct time as stated by the manufacturer.

Slightly file surface to help polish adhere (very important). Make sure nails are properly cleansed using appropriate cleanser to remove any oil. Make sure every layer of gel is cured for the correct time as stated by the manufacturer.
It baffles me as its only 1 or 2 and only when on original nails not on fake nails

My daughter has had gel manicures at many places. All of them are lifting badly or come off completely after 3 - 4 days. Soneone once suggested that maybe she just produces a lot of oil & there's probably no way round it. Not sure what the answer is only what I mentioned in last post.
Please let me know if you find the answer. Good luck.

Hi we have recently started doing nails however our nail tech is very new and only recently qualified, she can do everything fine but having issues only with gel polish onto original nails they keep peeling off shes tried lots of different ways and taken advise from other techs but still odd ones peeling off can anyone shed any light as to why this could be happening thanks

Can she go back to her training provider? Perhaps they can give her more support.

Many factors affect adhesion and longevity, so it's hard for us to say what's going wrong without seeing what she's doing. Could you record her doing one nail from start to finish including prep ? And maybe we can spot it

Missu are now offering a free online classroom every Tuesday. I am sure they would be happy to help with any advice. Missu Beauty Nails | Facebook

Peeling almost always indicates a problem with curing. Is she using the lamp recommended by the manufacturer? Lamp mismatch can cause inconsistent curing. Another problem might be the dreaded "clench." Clients often clench their hand on the bottom rather than laying it flat in the lamp, again, causing inconsistent cures. She should check their positioning in the lamp.

BTW, filing or buffing the natural nail is not always necessary with gel polish, and can damage the nails. Many brands say it is optional and CND Shellac makes a marketing point of not having to buff.

Quality brands offer lots of support and conversion courses to ensure their products are being applied properly and you get the best out of their system. Each brand is different so it may just be a little tweak needed. Reach out to the brand, they should support you.

Latest posts

Back