Help needed with gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
why is it when i gel someone’s nails 1 or 2 come of so clean the next day or within a few days

why is it when i gel someone’s nails 1 or 2 come of so clean the next day or within a few days

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Please tell us a bit more:

1. Which system are using?
2. Are you satisfied with your prep work?
3. Are you using the correct lamp?
4. Are your clients following the correct aftercare?

i use the gel bottle base coat and then a colour coat X2 then too coat i use a UV lamp one i do them after 2/3 days one or two slide off i don’t understand why or what im doing wrong

Are you doing any prep?
TGB recommend using only their lamp to cure their products.

yes so i file of the gels wipe with acid tone and then begin my base coat etc...

however my client was using bleach the day after if this makes any difference

how would you say to prep the nails ?

i have answered them

i just wipe them with acid tome

Your profile indicates that you have qualified in both level 2 and 3 treatments.
Was this at a college? If so, do you feel that your training in the application of gel nail products was limited?
This might explain why prep steps are unclear.

Can you tell us the precise names of each product you use, your wholesaler name and the brand of your lamp?
This will help us answer your questions and resolve issues for you.

Your profile indicates that you have qualified in both level 2 and 3 treatments.
Was this at a college? If so, do you feel that your training in the application of gel nail products was limited?
This might explain why prep steps are unclear.

Can you tell us the precise names of each product you use, your wholesaler name and the brand of your lamp?
This will help us answer your questions and resolve issues for you.

Yes it was from College.
How i prep the nails is:
Filethe gel off
Push cuticles back
Wipe over with acid tone
Base coat with the gel bottle
2X colour gel (thegelbottle)
Top coat (the gel bottle)
all this is cured with a Mylee lamp

Where are you purchasing your gels? Have you spoken to them?

Are you just pushing the cuticle back or are you removing the cuticle from the nail plate as well and removing the shine?

Yes it was from College.
How i prep the nails is:
Filethe gel off
Push cuticles back
Wipe over with acid tone
Base coat with the gel bottle
2X colour gel (thegelbottle)
Top coat (the gel bottle)
all this is cured with a Mylee lamp

I see a few things that give me concern:
1. Filing the gel off - it's called a soak-off gel for a reason. Filing, even by hand, will always remove some of the nail and over time thin the nail. It is also not within the manufacturer's instructions and could invalidate your insurance.
2. Not using cuticle remover - cuticle left on the nails will compromise a gel manicure
3. It is called acetone, and it is used to remove polish by breaking it down. Using it on the nails prior to applying polish/gel polish can compromise the manicure. You should be using a primer/dehydrator, not acetone.
4. The Gel Bottle recommends The Gel Bottle Inc x SunUV lamp for curing. I think that you are not using the right lamp

With all due respect, these are serious points and make me think that you should be back in touch with your trainer about the basics of using this system.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back