Help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhorsham

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the 'normal' rental charge is to work in a salon?

Is it better to be self employed or employed or to go for it and own your own salon. how long does it usually take to build up clients?

I am new to all of this, does anybody have any advice they can give me??
xx

hi if you do a search on rents, or renting a chair i am sure it will come up with something , hth

There have been a few threads about this recently so doing a search is prob your best bet, but to give you an idea I pay £100 a week which I think is a bit excessive as I pay for EVERYTHING else (products, equipment, advertising), but i do get a lot more clients as a result, so just built the rent into my prices so I'm not out of pocket.

Do lots of places charge 60 -40% or is that very rare now days?
x

Hi,

V difficult to answer your questions as your profile's not filled in properly, so we don't know where you're living... help us out please? x

it is about - but NEGOTIATE, to what you would be hapy with
nhorsham said:
Do lots of places charge 60 -40% or is that very rare now days?
x

Will update my personal info!!

Sorry not sure how to update my personal profile -(der)!!! I live in Kent near Maidstone if thats any help.

nhorsham said:
Hello,

how long does it usually take to build up clients?

I am new to all of this, does anybody have any advice they can give me??
xx

Hi

I think this depends on your own skills and the service you will offer its a bit like how longs a piece of string...I have been mobile for one year and i try to work hard at marketing my services through leaflet drops, but the best form of advertising to build up a client base is word of mouth...and its a bit like chicken and egg how do you get a client in the first place? I had my best friend wearing mine to begin with, and then did the leaflet drops...I sometimes only get one call per drop of say 200 but it's still one more customer ....

Now after one year I feel confident enought and have put an advert in the yellow pages to trying an increase my client base but I dont know how long it will be before ther response starts it will be interesting to see and I am sure I will post my results... best of luck

Latest posts

Back