Help-new client - nail art request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

A new client has just emailed me asking if I can paint this logo onto every nail for a company event she is going to.

I'm going to do it in Shellac. Any ideas ladies how to tackle it to make my life as easy as possible? Is there any way I can 'pre make' them so I can just apply decals on the day? If so how would these be applied and sealed off?

Here's the link, the logo is at the top left http://www.dewi-nusantara.com/

Thank in advance

Hi Becky
I don't know how you could make the decals but I would do two coats of tinsel toast then put midnight swim over the top and carve out the logo.
Hope that helps if not there will definitely be somebody on here with a better idea I'm sure but didn't want to read and run lol x

Hi Becky
I don't know how you could make the decals but I would do two coats of tinsel toast then put midnight swim over the top and carve out the logo.
Hope that helps if not there will definitely be somebody on here with a better idea I'm sure but didn't want to read and run lol x
Thanks for responding. Sorry I forgot to say she wants the base of her nails painted navy blue and then the logo on top.

So this is in keeping with the colours on the site. I have midnight swim, I don't have tinsel toast. Is there another colour similar?

How much would you think is fair to charge for this?

Any more help?

As new to shellac said you could try it with gold glitter with ms on top carved out. Don't really have any more ideas in that one sorry, hopefully some one else will. As for charging I would say an extra £5-£10 on top of your normal service depending on how you end up doing the design and how long it takes xx

Maybe trace and cut out a stencil and use gold vinylux over the shellac and seal with shellac top coat.

Hi Becky

This is exactly what I would do. And maybe on her thumbs entwine her initials. X

Maybe trace and cut out a stencil and use gold vinylux over the shellac and seal with shellac top coat.

Oooo I didn't even know this was something I could do? Although I can see that getting messy and then there's the size issue!

How about a gold nail art pen? (Pro nails are good) or gold acrylic paint. Would be faster possibly if she wants all ten logos or as suggested if there is a nice gold vinylux polish

Thanks for all your ideas ladies. I think Rockstar is going to make probably too costly for her but it depends I guess what effect she wants as I think the Rockstar underneath might stand out more.

So no one has any clue on whether I can pre make these as decals? I just prefer this, less pressure then on the appointment and saves time

How about a gold nail art pen? (Pro nails are good) or gold acrylic paint. Would be faster possibly if she wants all ten logos or as suggested if there is a nice gold vinylux polish

It may be quick if your good at accurate nail art but I like Shellac and knowing I can rub out mistakes! :-s

Fingernail fixer has a video on youtube on how to make nail decals :) check that out.

Thanks for all your ideas ladies. I think Rockstar is going to make probably too costly for her but it depends I guess what effect she wants as I think the Rockstar underneath might stand out more.

So no one has any clue on whether I can pre make these as decals? I just prefer this, less pressure then on the appointment and saves time

Sounds silly but I could do with knowing roughly what size her nails are. Don't want to attempt to make decals and there too big/small lol omg nightmare

Fingernail fixer has a video on youtube on how to make nail decals :) check that out.

I have done, the one I looked at was the skull one. Do you think the same process will work? Only thing is it wasn't very clear at the end when applying to the nail. Is it applying to a wiped/topped coated nail or a non wiped topped coated nail?

It may be quick if your good at accurate nail art but I like Shellac and knowing I can rub out mistakes! :-s

True true, I've not managed a large carving I've been happy with yet myself so shy away, acrylic paint could be done over a finished nail and could still be wiped off ;-) can't recall the nail art pens might be wipe able also hth

I was going to say check out finger nail fixer decal tutorial too :) seems like the real problem is you dont have the color you need!! I just go free hand usually and use a dotting tool to draw my designs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm doing similiar job in few days time - I've done writing as a decal with acrylic paint as it's grey but in this case I'd defo go for golden Pilot type pen (Hobbycraft has them, those for writing Xmas cards).
Decal I've done a bit different to Fingernail Fixer - two layers of clear polish on plastic bag or baking paper (un-sticky side), wait for it to dry, write on this, wait to dry, cover with layer of clear polish, wait to dry, ready. It easier to write if you put it on a writing paper with lines - your sticker is 'see through', this helps a lot :) Then you only need to peel your sticker off, place it on cured colour, top coat, done.
Carving this specific one might not work because of the size, with pen there's more precision (thin one). Show us your work when it's done! :)

Latest posts

Back