Help! New Start Up Business - Advice Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialk

Reaction score
I'm "specialk" and I'm new to salon geek so "Hi everyone" :green:

Im setting up a beauty and nail salon at home and would like advice and help with anything you can think of from products to health and safety, etc. I am not too sure what type of documentation I should be holding (such as risk assessment, health and safety, COSHH stuff, etc). Does anyone have any advice, documents,etc that they could help me with - I would really appreciate it. If anyone has sample documents that they use at home which they could email me - this would also be great!

How do you guys dispose of your waste as well (if you work from home or do mobile).

I have so many questions but my minds gone completely blank - lol. How typical is that?

Ive just started to think about local advertising, although I know the best form of advertising is word of mouth - if anyone has further ideas on this let me know.

I know Im expecting alot but I'm sure all you experience people out there could provide me with some assistance.

Many thanks

Hi there and welcome if you go on search you should come up with some good threads on
running a home salon ,
as regards to disposal of waste products I know that tints and perm lotions need to be diluted first before rinsing away.
Also any old containers with perm lotion or tint left in them need to be emptied and rinsed away before you can safely dispose of them, I would get in touch with your nearest environmental health and ask for some coshh leaflets
they can also provide you with health and safety in the work place leaflets . good luck with your new home salon let us know how you get on :hug:
have a look at the thread on disposal (go to the top of the page where it says salon geek and then search)

Thanks Minky for your response, I shall do a search and see what I can find out.

:)

hi and welcome

run a search and you should find all the answers you are looking for, they are a very helpful and friendly bunch on here

As has been said already all the salon info you need should be on here, but if you need any help with the planning and any financial aspects of your business try getting in contact with your local Business Links adviser. There are a few free courses etc that you could take to help you out.
IT & e-commerce | Business Link

Latest posts

Back