Help newly trained L2 salon jobs Kent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simone1980

Reaction score
Hello all

I went back to college for a career change and I have just trained in my NVQ 2 Beauty and finding it hard to get a job as most salons want a level 3 as well?

I am going to go back in sept to do my level 3, which is the best way to get me work until then, as it will only be two days a week at college I can still carry on working in between should I just offer to be a junior/apprentice?

Any advice would be fantasic

Thanks
Simone

Hi,

I think it's really sad that young girls work really hard at college to gain their level 2 & 3 and at the beginning of the course no one really explains to them that every year at the same time there will be hundred of girls from several difference colleges around the county looking for just a few places.

Lots of people I went to college with never gots jobs and now work in other areas because of this and thats with Level 3 !!

I definately think if you can afford it, it would be a good idea to offer your services in exchange for salon experience.

Get yourself a stonkingly good cv, hand deliver it to all the salons that you would like to work in (obviously looking fabulous!) and explain that in exchange for your time say a saturday for example, all you are asking for is the chance to gain some salon experience, pick up some tips etc. and if in the process you impress them enough for them to offer you a position then that would be great.

I think with all the competition around, you need to think outside the box and make them notice you.

Good luck

xx

Latest posts

Back